Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I desperately need to make my car look worse

Sounds like your minds made up that you are going to try the wax thing (which is fine, may look a bit weird but could work). I think a better phrasing of your question would be which paste/carnuba wax would be easiest to remove when left on for extended periods of time (weeks possibly)? only think I have used latly that I could say may be woth trying and might not look as bad on black would be PoorBoy`s Natty`s black should mute your reflections when hazed and its a black wax so it will look more satin or matte black than white haze on a black car. LINK: Poorboys Nattys Black Paste Wax 8 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Paintball gun, those dummy owls and natural mosquito repellant (Cedar oil). Those 3 should keep them away!
    Many years ago, my parents hung a couple of dummy owls on the side of their garage in hopes of scaring the woodpeckers that were making a habit of pecking holes in the siding. For a while it seemed to work, but the pecking eventually resumed. I guess the woodpeckers came to realize that the fake owls were no real threat.
    If my parents still had those owls, I`d give them a what-do-I-have-to-lose try, but they got tossed. And just a week or two ago my parents had me take a large mirror (and a bunch of other old stuff from their basement) to the dump. I might have put that mirror to use, too (per Lonnie`s suggestion).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Paintball gun, those dummy owls and natural mosquito repellant (Cedar oil). Those 3 should keep them away!
    I`ve wondered if there`s anything that would be an effective turkey repellent. (A farm-and-garden store I inquired at mentioned fox or coyote urine as possibilities, but they didn`t express any real confidence re. effectiveness.) Hey, The Driver, do you actually know that cedar oil would work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NLove View Post
    I wonder if you could rig something up using strong suction cups. The suction cups could secure to your windows, you could have a V bracket horizontal to the ground coming off the cups and have some type of light weight fence panels attached to the brackets. The fencing could sit on the ground and with a V type bracket wouldn`t allow the fencing to touch the paint on your car. If it was a panel type design it could all be done in manageable sections. That way you could simply remove the suction assemblies and simply drive away.

It might sound like a funky idea, but it could possibly work.
    Interesting (and funky) idea, but probably beyond my engineering and fabrication capabilities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    If you are talking wax either try the cleaner wax you have or go buy another OTC one. There is no magic wax that you need to buy for this purpose. As far as I know there should be no ill affects leaving it on. Paste wax will likely turn white. If you have been compounding your paint every weekend since mid-July I would really be concerned over exactly how much clear coat you have left on the paint.

So no car cover. My suggestion would be is to get 4 orange traffic cones with weighted bases. Get some flags on a rope, triangle plastic ones colored or otherwise. Place a cone at each corner of the vehicle, find a way to fasten the flags/streamers to the cones, a stick in the hole on top or something to that affect and run it around the car making one corner easy to remove. when you want to leave either remove the corner and leave open or grab everything and toss into you trunk. My thinking is that the streamers/flags should keep the turkeys at bay. This is the only thing that comes to my mind whether it will work.
    The owner of a local shop for birdwatchers made this exact suggestion. He suggested hanging strips of this to the rope that runs between the cone "posts."
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PW4Z7C...a-306059037765
    Just a few days ago I noticed that a couple of my neighbors have attached strips from low branches on ornamental trees near their parking spaces. I haven`t been able to find out whether they think the strips have had the desired result.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Sounds like your minds made up that you are going to try the wax thing (which is fine, may look a bit weird but could work). I think a better phrasing of your question would be which paste/carnuba wax would be easiest to remove when left on for extended periods of time (weeks possibly)? only think I have used latly that I could say may be woth trying and might not look as bad on black would be PoorBoy`s Natty`s black should mute your reflections when hazed and its a black wax so it will look more satin or matte black than white haze on a black car. LINK: Poorboys Nattys Black Paste Wax 8 oz.
    Natty`s Black may get tried eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

dipyourcar.com
    Purple Towel Detailing
    FB + IG: @purpletoweldetailing
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information