Post Thanks / Like

Re Purposing Nuba

So it`s that time of the year again. Labor day weekend is around the corner, and I`ve started the annual putting some of the summer toys away and all that jazz. And of course, I stumble upon my `nuba stash.

What to do. What to do.
    I`ve tinkered with giving the garage queen a mild cleaner polish and then giving her a good old fashion glaze and ~wax~. I love the jaw drop oilness one gets with the combo. She is a garage queen afterall.

I have not touched my nuba in quite awhile - before I say another year has passed, it might be considered a decade...

Anyone in the same boat. What are you doing with your stash.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re Purposing Nuba

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    So it`s that time of the year again. Labor day weekend is around the corner, and I`ve started the annual putting some of the summer toys away and all that jazz. And of course, I stumble upon my `nuba stash.

What to do. What to do.
    I`ve tinkered with giving the garage queen a mild cleaner polish and then giving her a good old fashion glaze and ~wax~. I love the jaw drop oilness one gets with the combo. She is a garage queen afterall.

I have not touched my nuba in quite awhile - before I say another year has passed, it might be considered a decade...

Anyone in the same boat. What are you doing with your stash.
    I too have a sizable stash of Nuba that doesn`t get used. I go to use it then I`m either low on time and just grab OCW or I`ll get the FK1000P out because I want the durability. I do love a good nuba look, especially GC 50/50, its my all time favorite, but I also love that glass like look of FK1000P.

Post Thanks / Like

Mobiledynamics:
    Sent some my way, if you feel you will never get to use up your "stash" of carnauba waxes. PM me for address details and selling prices and shipping charges. Maybe we can work something out. ("Free" is always good. Just sayin`....)

Anyway, here are some "other" uses for carnauba waxes: (Please do not laugh at some of them; remember I am "a seasoned detailer" with "experience")
    1) Snow-blower chutes and lawnmower under-decks to keep snow and wet grass from sticking, respectively.
    2) Slide rule inner log linear vernier (AKA, moving stick part) (Don`t ask what a slide rule is unless you are an engineer or mathematician)
    3) Kid`s bicycles (Good way to develop relationships with neighborhood young people, plus the bad ones do not egg your house at Halloween or in their later years in High School, at Homecoming time. Just sayin`...)
    4) Appliances (especially painted/powder coated refrigerators at holiday time; guests and family are dumbfounded with the shine)
    5) Wooden drawer slides or glides
    6) Driving in nails or screws in hardwoods (an old woodworker`s and carpenter`s trick)
    7) Air conditioner compressor housings or generator enclosures (service tech`s cannot believe what they see)
    8) Painted metal doors (especially white painted aluminum screen or outer doors)
    9) Wood doors edges that are tight in the frame (like those that swell in summer)
    10) Model metal car collections (S100 makes my unboxed 1/24-scale 911 Porsches ready for the holidays)
    11) Varnished wood acoustic guitars or colored lacquer electric guitars(Meg`s M16 was actually a preferred wax by some guitar makers)
    12) Metal or plastic playground slides (Use caution: taller slides can REALLY send small kids flying if adults are unaware of a "waxed" slide, as the kid becomes a small projectile that the adult may not catch or get knocked over with at the slide end)
    13) Toboggan or saucer bottoms (MUCH cheaper than ski wax)
    14) Snow shovels for wet snow OR Dirt shovels or spades for clay (Works REALLY well)
    15) Linoleum or tile floors for sliding across with wool socks on for the longest-distance slide "competitions" (OK, I did this as a kid and it was HIGHLY dangerous and frowned upon by my parents, not to mention the "difficulty" in removing with ammonia cleaners and elbow grease by said applicator!!)
    16) Bathroom porcelain sinks and toilets and fiberglass shower stalls (DO NOT do the toilet seat!! Women will slide off; NOT pretty especially if it is your Mom or significant other)
    17) Black leather shoes as an emergency shoe-polish substitute (Patten-leather REALLY likes M16)

As you can see, I have used carnauba waxes for a lot of "non-vehicle" applications, model cars and bikes as the exceptions.
    GB detailer
    Likes 512detail, Tc99m, JustJesus, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

^awesome post, Lonnie!

Thread Information