Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam Cannons that work with Hoses?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    A couple good write up from Mike Phillips on using a foam gun...
    Noting that **Mike and I GET ALONG FINE**...I can`t for the life of me figure out how somebody can wash that way without marring the paint, and I tried for *decades* before figuring out what does work for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Noting that **Mike and I GET ALONG FINE**...I can`t for the life of me figure out how somebody can wash that way without marring the paint, and I tried for *decades* before figuring out what does work for me.
    I would hose down or pressure wash to rid the larger pieces of grit and dirt first before using the foam gun before having any physical contact with the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer View Post
    I would hose down or pressure wash to rid the larger pieces of grit and dirt first before using the foam gun before having any physical contact with the paint.
    Yeah, same here. That cheapie pressure washer I got for Christmas has been great. Prior to that I did OK with the siphon-feed sprayer hooked to the compressor, but !oh what a hassle! it was by comparison. And I never see that unit for sale any more...it was made by "Vacula" back in maybe the late `80s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yeah, same here. That cheapie pressure washer I got for Christmas has been great. Prior to that I did OK with the siphon-feed sprayer hooked to the compressor, but !oh what a hassle! it was by comparison. And I never see that unit for sale any more...it was made by "Vacula" back in maybe the late `80s.
    I got one of those siphon-feed sprayer to try from a local hardware store about nine years back, but a small 3 gallon compressor was not able to keep up with it, you need a huge 20 gallon+ compressor for it to work properly. Never had any luck with those cheap consumer pressure washers, I have 2-3 of them in the shed all with fractured pump housings and totally useless, I need to throw them out taking up space.

Post Thanks / Like

EdLancer- Yeah, I always have a pretty decent Air System in my shops, another area where I`m really spoiled (and know it). Got used to it decades ago and would now feel deprived without such stuff.

It`s funny about my pressure washers...this [crappy] thing I have now is lasting much longer than any of my Karchers did, including the really pricey commercial ones. I thought for sure I`d have replaced it by now, still think of it as a Disposable. Speaking of throwing away busted ones, I sure felt bad throwing those Karchers in the dumpster but I knew I`d never get `em fixed (nobody local, cost to ship, etc.). Did save all the hoses/etc., might figure out how to use `em on my AR some day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information