Post Thanks / Like

Pic of new equipment!

These arent strictly "brand new", but got a Sihl SH-86C blower/shredder awhile back for yard work and my uncle gave me a TroyBilt power washer that had never been started.

I haven`t been able to spend much time at all detailing the last several years, and so getting "big" tools like this gives me a good excuse to put them to work detailing!

The blower moves a TON of air- something like 161 mph and 444 cfm. My wife had the great idea to remove one of the air tubes, which makes it a lot handier for up-close work.

The power washer is amazing. 2500 psi, 6.75 HP. I think they go for roughly $300 at Lowes.
    I coupled it with a $20 foam canon from Amazon, filled it with Megs Gold Class and Megs APC, and the foam thickness was unreal!
    The Gilmour foam gun that I had used previously doesn`t hold a candle to a foam canon.

Anyways, if you have been thinking about getting a blower or power washer, I whole-heatedly encourage you to do so. They are one of those tools that just make everything easier and faster.

Likes GearHead_1, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pic of new equipment!

cool
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    These arent strictly "brand new", but got a Sihl SH-86C blower/shredder awhile back for yard work and my uncle gave me a TroyBilt power washer that had never been started.

I haven`t been able to spend much time at all detailing the last several years, and so getting "big" tools like this gives me a good excuse to put them to work detailing!

The blower moves a TON of air- something like 161 mph and 444 cfm. My wife had the great idea to remove one of the air tubes, which makes it a lot handier for up-close work.

The power washer is amazing. 2500 psi, 6.75 HP. I think they go for roughly $300 at Lowes.
    I coupled it with a $20 foam canon from Amazon, filled it with Megs Gold Class and Megs APC, and the foam thickness was unreal!
    The Gilmour foam gun that I had used previously doesn`t hold a candle to a foam canon.

Anyways, if you have been thinking about getting a blower or power washer, I whole-heatedly encourage you to do so. They are one of those tools that just make everything easier and faster.

Do be careful with the pressure washer. My clients by them for residential use and sometimes they will last 30min, 2 days, or 8 months before the pump or motor goes out. I went thru 6 pressure washers last year. All the same brand of Troy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm interesting.

Seems like you`d stop buying the same thing after about the third one or so...

Hopefully this lasts me several seasons. It was free, so I won`t complain!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Hmm interesting.

Seems like you`d stop buying the same thing after about the third one or so...

Hopefully this lasts me several seasons. It was free, so I won`t complain!
    You`d think that would be the case, but the price over rides the brand name and then you have all the parts available. I finally did switch to 2 different brand names and so far, everything is going good. U just can`t beat your price of free.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thread Information