Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommendations for a long lasting tire shine product

What are some of the better products for a shine that will last through a few washings? I have tried GG long Lasting Tire shine, but - even with proper prep, does not seem to hold a shine - and I`m a pretty big fan of their products, sooooooooooooooooooo any recomendations are appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommendations for a long lasting tire shine product

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes cf2121 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the tuf shine tire shine, lasts a long time. The key is proper prep, the tires need to be surgically clean before you apply the Tuf shine.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So far TuffShine is the longest lasting I have used. But it`s more of a tire coating and not a dressing / shine.

Post Thanks / Like

What`s your definition of long lasting? 2 weeks? 3 weeks?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect that "...through a few washings" is the operative phrase here.

Quote Originally Posted by ride92 View Post
    I like the tuf shine tire shine, lasts a long time. The key is proper prep, the tires need to be surgically clean before you apply the Tuf shine.
    Is the need for surgical cleanliness a worthwhile trade-off over the long haul? I wonder about that with tire sealants/coatings too...and I know myself well enough to question whether I`d get `em clean enough, even with (the really great) GG Rubber Prep
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon tire, or my new and just as good favorite Griot`s long lasting tire dressing

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I did not order any new product as yet, as I have some GG long lasting tire protection. Soooooooooooo, last evening I foamed and washed the tires and then applied GG rubber cleaner, scrubbed that in and rinsed and dried the tires. Then I placed a moderately thick amount of that dressing on the applicator, wiped it in real well and the shine achieved is a high gloss - which is not what I`m looking for. Will give the others a shot net time around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I suspect that "...through a few washings" is the operative phrase here.

Is the need for surgical cleanliness a worthwhile trade-off over the long haul? I wonder about that with tire sealants/coatings too...and I know myself well enough to question whether I`d get `em clean enough, even with (the really great) GG Rubber Prep
    I can`t speak to my own longevity since I recently applied the stuff but reports online are that you get up to 6 months out of the stuff. That`s dressing and cleaning the tires twice a year! For me it was worth it to spend the extra time to get the tires clean. The worst was my wifes recently acquired MB that had some build up of dressing the nasty stuff the dealer uses. We bought the car used. Those tires took 5-6 good scrubbings before I felt they were clean enough and no more brown coming off the tires. It`s been about a month and other then touching up the spot where she rubbed a curb, they still look like the day I applied the tuf shine.

Post Thanks / Like

ride92- Ah, OK...yeah, that *would* be something if it lasts that long (and if the look were OK to me). I`ll be keeping my eyes open for any updates and for reports from other Autopians. Never paid any attention to the stuff, but I will now, so thanks for schooling me!

Post Thanks / Like

All you have to do to knock down the Shine is wipe it down after 15 minutes or so

Post Thanks / Like

Tuf Shine works just fine for me. Used Mothers "Back to Black" and Tuf Shine tire brush to get the tires super clean. Touch up as needed(rub spots) and use a sponge at the end of my car wash to wash the tires.

After a couple of months I might touch up just to bring back look. Haven`t cleaned tires(i.e. Mothers) in over 6 months. Only car left getting Zaino Z16 is Infiniti, just to use it up. Other three cars getting Tuf Shine.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the Tuff Shine kit and followed the cleaning directions (literally brand new tires) which is key to this product. Anyhow I put on about 3-4 coats and is been almost a month and the tires still look nice and clean. Question, when the shine starts fading and I need to reapply do I need to go through that extensive cleaning ritual (and I`m guessing) stripping off the older Tuff Shine coatings or just make sure the tires are clean and add to that?
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Question, when the shine starts fading and I need to reapply do I need to go through that extensive cleaning ritual (and I`m guessing) stripping off the older Tuff Shine coatings or just make sure the tires are clean and add to that?
    I have found that I just need to make sure the tires are clean and I can reapply more. I ususally use a little bit od the tire cleaner and a soft bristle brush to make sure they are ready to go. No major scrubbing.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll go against the grain....for the last 2 1/2-3 years, I`ve stopped the ballz2wallz cleaning prep for tire coatings.. Maybe a isolated incident, but on a weekend garage queen, it had dry rot on one tire I was not expecting, and I always check all production codes religiously when I buy rubber....

My TS routine in general is just a mild scrub, and then PW the tires prior to application. The product is so ~inexpensive~ relative to the longevity of things, every 6 weeks or so, I just spray with APC, scrub lightly, PW rinse, and then top off. I don`t do the ball2wallz cleaning until I stop seeing brown anymore.

It last long enough for me. Hell, my prior favorite was Z16 - not longevity, but looks. So it`s a huge step up in terms of longevity already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information