Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to get oil off the car

I don`t get the gasoline thing....every time I`ve had gasoline on a vehicle it left its own mess that needed cleaned up. Didn`t evaporate away cleanly, left a residue.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that you call it a decoker; I`ve always heard it called a Coker. Extract every last drop you can in the column, then a jetter runs through to clear out the coke; or at least that`s the system I`m used to seeing, though the plants I`ve been to are relatively old and process extremely heavy crude, so the process may differ elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I don`t get the gasoline thing....every time I`ve had gasoline on a vehicle it left its own mess that needed cleaned up. Didn`t evaporate away cleanly, left a residue.
    Gasoline is cheap and dangerous naphtha would have been a better choice, but naphtha, paint thinner(mineral spirit), Varsol(mineral spirit & naphtha) is much more expensive which make the whole idea pretty stupid when you can get paint prep for around the same cost.

Post Thanks / Like

EdLancer- Yeah, agree. I always reach for some Paint Prep solvent instead of the popular stand-ins, but then I have such stuff on-hand and I suppose a lot of households don`t.

Heh heh, I`ve never rubbed WD40 or naptha on a vehicle in my life. Never reached for the can of Mineral Spirits either, though I do sometimes wonder why not...oughta use it for something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Cuz yr not burning off the residue...

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh heh....yeah, could do an infommercial showing how protective my FK1000P is

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information