Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maintenance ideas for PBL Synergy

Over the weekend I finished compounding, finish polishing with Essence, and applying two coats of Pinnacle Synergy to my white `84 Riviera convertible. I chose Synergy for it`s reflective characteristics and more glassy look because let`s face it - it`s just difficult to get a white car to "pop" (unless your name is Ron and you have a sweet Z06!)

Now that the car is set for summer (as soon as the weather improves!), I`ll keep it clean with rinseless washes and an occasional spray of some type of "booster." Does it make sense to stick to coating like boosters considering that Synergy is the LSP? Maybe something like ECH20 w/Cure? PA Cosmic Spritz? PA High Gloss? Or, should I stick with spray sealant type boosters like WG Spritz Sealant or BF Polymer Spray? I recently added a small bottle of PA Carnauba Arts White Alabaster to my detailing cabinet also... What say you?
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Maintenance ideas for PBL Synergy

i used to maintain mine with pinnacle rw
    havent used it in about a year or more

now id have no issues using a pa product after a month or two post application

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question! I tend to use spray waxes or polymer sprays on waxes and SiO2 sprays on coatings, trying to stay within the same family type thing. I doubt the combo of wax and a SiO2 booster would cause any kind of spontaneous combustion, but you never know. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Synergy is one of those hybrids in that it has both Carnauba wax and Ceramic glass infused together... it`s a "unicorn" among paste waxes.

I`m thinking of sticking with products that retain that glassy type of look.

Kenotek Showroom Shine and Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Protection Detailer are two that came to mind that I think will play well with Synergy...

Like many of us I have to put SOMETHING over the Synergy to try to maximize the gloss. I simply can`t help myself. Any other suggestions?
    Al S.

- Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Over the weekend I finished compounding, finish polishing with Essence, and applying two coats of Pinnacle Synergy to my white `84 Riviera convertible. I chose Synergy for it`s reflective characteristics and more glassy look because let`s face it - it`s just difficult to get a white car to "pop" (unless your name is Ron and you have a sweet Z06!)

Now that the car is set for summer (as soon as the weather improves!), I`ll keep it clean with rinseless washes and an occasional spray of some type of "booster." Does it make sense to stick to coating like boosters considering that Synergy is the LSP? Maybe something like ECH20 w/Cure? PA Cosmic Spritz? PA High Gloss? Or, should I stick with spray sealant type boosters like WG Spritz Sealant or BF Polymer Spray? I recently added a small bottle of PA Carnauba Arts White Alabaster to my detailing cabinet also... What say you?

High gloss or if metallic Viking spritz
    gyeon cure

imho echo2 will darken it, not give it more gloss
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same exact LSP combo on my DD. Essence then 2 coats of PBL Synergy. I have been using ECHO2 a few times and the McKees37 new rinseless as a detail spray this last wash

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh: What do you think about trying Overcoat?

DBailey: Is your DD white by chance? Have you noticed any darkening with Ech2o?

Thanks guys!
    Al S.

- Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I have the same exact LSP combo on my DD. Essence then 2 coats of PBL Synergy. I have been using ECHO2 a few times and the McKees37 new rinseless as a detail spray this last wash
    car color?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

It is a Ford Taurus in tuxedo black. Black base with multi color flake. Color actually looks like a dark bronze in the bright sun. The color is too dark to notice any darkening from ECHO2, but I will pay more attention next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    It is a Ford Taurus in tuxedo black. Black base with multi color flake. Color actually looks like a dark bronze in the bright sun. The color is too dark to notice any darkening from ECHO2, but I will pay more attention next time.
    Darkening may be the wrong word that I used. More of a deepening/rich look. Which doesn`t work on white.

Post Thanks / Like

PBL, has in its line, spray boosters. One might think these are meant for the PBL coatings only, however, it is PBL, and Synergy is too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    PBL, has in its line, spray boosters. One might think these are meant for the PBL coatings only, however, it is PBL, and Synergy is too.
    I do have a bottle of the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Booster... but the sprayers they use on their Black Label products are junk. Absolutely hate them and will not buy any more PBL products with those sprayers. I know I can transfer the product to a different bottle, but just haven`t done it yet.

I`m sure the Diamond Coating Booster would work fine with Synergy, just not convinced it would be the best choice...
    Al S.

- Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

I have a few I could let you try this weekend if you would like to see how they would look before buy. Overcoat, PA HG and PA Gold Zircon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_1 View Post
    I have a few I could let you try this weekend if you would like to see how they would look before buy. Overcoat, PA HG and PA Gold Zircon
    Very kind offer... thank you. Due to my Autopia disease I also have all 3 of those too! Lol Maintenance ideas for PBL Synergy
    Al S.

- Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

I have used ECHO2 from day one on my Alpine White BMW and have not noticed any darkening effect at all. I love the shine left behind by ECHO2 mixed with an SiO2 topper. I have stopped using anything else to add shine and protection over a coating. Must be that Vette paint. Lol. I tried ECHO2 on glass and it works well there too, I just find I need to buff (lightly) a second time after it dries to really bring out the shine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information