Post Thanks / Like

P21S over Collinite 845?

Just looking to see if this is worth it for no real particular reason other then it would perhaps boost the looks even more on my black daily.

Anyone ever tried a carnuba product over 845? How was it?

I love how slick my fiesta st looks now.m with just 845.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P21S over Collinite 845?

Striker- IMO those two products look so similar that it`d be a complete waste. Both are, IMO, "bright" reflective waxes. I wouldn`t expect either one to give the look *I* would want on black, but that`s just me.

If you like how the 845 looks, maybe you should leave well enough alone. Otherwise, I`d pick a different topper than P21s. I`ve done what I think you`re after on dark blue by topping the 845 with 476S, but it was a pretty subtle diff. Topping with something like M26 might give you more depth, but it`ll need redone frequently compared to anything from Collinite. You`d probably be happiest with Collinite 915 if you want durability *and* better looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Better looks re definitely subjective right. As I mentioned before, I always loved how my trans am looked with zaino back in the day. I think 845 has a similar look on this paint.

You`re right I think I`d just be creating more work.

Post Thanks / Like

Prolly "not worth it".

But they are both good products. So, if you have the time - do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve put 915 and one or two DoDo waxes on top of 845 with no issues, so P21S should be fine. Your car looks great. Why do anything but 845 if you like it?

If you want a different look on black, try straight up Blue Velvet Pro or Blacklight + the DoDo or Natty`s Blue or Black.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great. Why mess w it...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Likes Striker liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks on a black vehicle are, indeed, a "subjective" opinion.

From your photo, Striker, your Fiesta ST looks pretty "reflective" with 845 on it. However, since this vehicle is a daily driver, and you want that really nice "carnauba wax" look with some degree of longevity, then I would, as Accumulator suggested, use Collinite 915. Is it THAT much "better looking" than 845??? Until you use it on OUR vehicle and make your own evaluation, it`s hard to say whether it`s better or not.
    I bought and use 915 on the basis of its longevity with that "carnauba look". I did a black Mercedes 550SL for a friend and he said it never looked better. I also have a black 2006 Ford Freestyle that is my wife`s car (it used to be my Mom`s) and right now it has AutoGlym`s High-Definition Wax on it and I think it is as "reflective" as the 915. (LOVE the beading of water, by the way, which is WHY I use carnauba waxes: makes for easy water blow-off with a leaf blower after spray rinsing using two-bucket washes. Actually ,I am just trying to use up the AutoGlym HD wax: it`s as hard-as-a-rock and kind of grainy since it came from Walmart on a closeout special about 6 years ago now)

And speaking of black and Dodo waxes, I see that they have come out with a black color-specific wax called Black Widow. Seems like it joins some of the other black color-specific waxes, like Chemical`s Guy`s Pete`s 53 and Poorboy`s World Black Natty Wax. Striker, you might be a perfect "guinea pig" to try one of these on your black Fiesta ST and post photos and tell us what you think of one of these waxes.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Striker- Ah, I`d forgotten that you like the Zaino look on black! I`d better hop over to your side of that particular fence and reconsider....

Eh, I`d just keep it 845. If/when you redo it in a big way, I can`t help but wonder how you`d like FK1000P on it.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s no big deal at all- I just wanted to see if more reflection was even possible. I mean this car POPS on the road. And I never even did the wheels with it yet!

I was just wondering if there was something out there that would make it pop even more. But realizing that p21 is a carnuba, it would just tone down the reflective and amplify the deep. Not the look I want anyways.

I`m actually now scared to use my typical drying aid (quick wax) in fear it might tone down the reflectiveness I have now.

Maybe I`ll stick with the quick detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I`m actually now scared to use my typical drying aid (quick wax) in fear it might tone down the reflectiveness I have now.

Maybe I`ll stick with the quick detailer.
    FWIW, I find that IUDJ, used as a Drying Aid, doesn`t cut reflectiveness at all, might even enhance it.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol what is iudj??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Lol what is iudj??
    Heh heh, sorry...IUDJ = Garry Dean`s Infinite Use Detail Juice (rinseless wash).

Thread Information