Post Thanks / Like

Interior Clean Up

Well I was going to wait a little while before doing the interior on my wife`s CR-V. I still had some products left but I was planning on trying something new. Unfortunately someone broke into my wife`s car on Friday so I had not choice but to get it done Friday night. I pulled the two front seats and all the side panels including the passenger door panel that had the broken window (I hate broken glass so I wanted to make sure I get as much as possible). It was amazing how much glass there was to clean up and how far it went into the car, drivers side, back seat all over the dash. Process: vacuum, dash and interior panels wiped down with MF and distilled water, then discarded MF, then dash and interior panels wiped down with 1Z Cockpit Premium with MF and discarded MF, then for possible added protection wiped down dash and interior panels with 303 Aerospace Protectant, then all carpets and seats hit with 2 coats of Scotch guard. I had to wait all weekend for a window which is being put in right now so finished pictures with everything put back to come after I get a chance to wash the car later today too. I don`t want to take clean interior pictures and be able to see the dirty windows haha. Total time was about 4 hours. I took my time but also kept finding more glass when I thought I had gotten it all.

Thanks for looking.
    Matt.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Clean Up

That sucks man. Good work cleaning it up
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post
    Thanks mnehls86 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

OH man! That sucks. The glass DOES get everywhere, though!

For a moment, I thought you removed the doors, too! That angle in that pic makes it look that way.

Looking good man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    For a moment, I thought you removed the doors, too! That angle in that pic makes it look that way.
    Looking good man
    I seriously contemplated removing the passenger door. I got inside the door and vacuumed up but there is a very skinny gap at the bottom for water drainage and there is a lot of glass down in there. I got in there with a dowel and vacuum but a lot was still wedged in there. I thought about taking off the door and shaking it upside down to get the glass out of the groove. Of course I know myself well enough to know if I did that I would probably end up dropping and destroying the door.

Post Thanks / Like

^ And having moved a door around this weekend, I can tell you they get heavy, real fast! My shoulder still in pain. And my legs from it scraping along my shin area.

If anything, I`d stick to door panel removal.

(oh, and i can see it being easy for someone to damage a door. Lucky for me, it`s a scrap door I was using for practice)
    Likes mnehls86, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sucks, you might end up finding random little pieces here and there still after a while. When i bought my used car, i took the rear seat apart to clean under there and there was glass all over that area above my fuel tank. I hope nothing of value was stolen, my old roommate`s car got broken into years ago within the same month he bought it and whoever did it stole some tic tacs and like a few CDS....they left all the loose spare change INTACT!!! total mystery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Man that sucks, you might end up finding random little pieces here and there still after a while. When i bought my used car, i took the rear seat apart to clean under there and there was glass all over that area above my fuel tank. I hope nothing of value was stolen, my old roommate`s car got broken into years ago within the same month he bought it and whoever did it stole some tic tacs and like a few CDS....they left all the loose spare change INTACT!!! total mystery.
    Definitely. Every time I close the passenger door a little bit comes out of the drain holes. I`m sure that will continue for a looooong time. Luckily our rear seat fold down in a manner that I was able to get everything. Even under the carpet in some areas but I still don`t think I will ever drive barefoot. Not that I do anyways. As far as valuables go my wife did leave her purse under the seat when she took the dogs to the dog park and either she left a strap visible or someone was watching her. They did have a pretty good shopping spree on us. Even though we called and cancelled the cards as soon as we found out. Luckily the amount they spent wasn`t in cash and the bank should have the money back by today or tomorrow.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt,
    I am so sorry this happened to you guys...
    Dang crack-heads...

It is amazing how small safety glass gets when hit - you are right, you are going to be finding little pieces of it for awhile..
    Sometimes, when you make a turn you might hear some somewhere in there ..

You need that long, flexible vacuum crevice tool to get all the way down to those impossible to reach with hands places..

You did all the right stuff - great job removing seats, panels, etc.. !
    Now the fun part getting new cards, license, etc... I hate thieves and if I ever catch one doing this, they will never do it again...
    Dan F
    Likes JustJesus, mnehls86 liked this post

Thread Information