Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 100 hour detail

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 100 hour detail

The car really looks great, saw the video before this thread. I love the work that they do. I was really interested in purchasing thier kamikazi coating, was`nt sure which one. Anyone had any experience or opinion on any of thier products? I`d like to know before i purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

The hours include polishing, coating, PPF, removal of seats, bumpers , exhaust, etc. That`s a reasonable number.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    DAN! How much is Optimum paying you for that wonderful endorsement of the product?!?!?!
    Mi Hermano ! You so Funny !!!

Are you kidding ??? I can`t even afford to be a Certified Optimum Installer anymore.. They jacked their pricing way, way, up there to be one of their Installers..

No thanks... I can still do the work using what is available and what is available from friends, etc...

If they pay Anyone (instead of Jacking Everyone with high prices) to endorse their products for them - it is NOT me...

If I had a big multiple bay shop with a zillion Clients rolling in and out constantly that wanted a good coating, well then maybe I could justify getting price-gouged to have that certification again... But not now, not here in the outer limits of Farmland, California...

The fact does remain though - their coatings - the Pro and the old 2.0 coatings - really do work very well, and last for a long time without any monkeying around, spraying this, layering that, breathing on this, using that, etc... Just wash it with Carpro Reset and it is very clean, glossy, and good to go..

No one even washes their cars out here... Yeah, I know... depressing...
    Dan F
    Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I like the sentiment of this idea, the price is just too steep. For the difference in a brand new Corvette and this one, you could buy my daily beater, my weekend car, and my girlfriend`s car. For the DIFFERENCE. I just don`t see it. It`s not an important car, nor a genuine exotic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blucpe View Post
    The car really looks great, saw the video before this thread. I love the work that they do. I was really interested in purchasing thier kamikazi coating, was`nt sure which one. Anyone had any experience or opinion on any of thier products? I`d like to know before i purchase.
    MIYABI COAT offers a harder, and more brilliant shine than ISM COAT (ISM has a more wax-like gloss), and is extremely easy to apply and remove. Durability for proper application is expected at 18-24 months.

That said (taken from their website) have seen some that do Miyabi layer then ISM layer. Expensive but likely pretty durable. FWIW, the Kamikaze Overcoat is an amazing coating `booster` for any ceramic/quartz coating. Great stuff.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    MIYABI COAT offers a harder, and more brilliant shine than ISM COAT (ISM has a more wax-like gloss), and is extremely easy to apply and remove. Durability for proper application is expected at 18-24 months.

That said (taken from their website) have seen some that do Miyabi layer then ISM layer. Expensive but likely pretty durable. FWIW, the Kamikaze Overcoat is an amazing coating `booster` for any ceramic/quartz coating. Great stuff.
    Thanks Budget.

Post Thanks / Like

We sell a ton of the Kamakaze products, stupid easy and lives up to the claims! Just do not use anything with wax in it ! Kamakaze hates wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    "It wears a special finish developed by Esoteric that increases image quality of the factory red paint job by over 95 percent"

what
    magic do they speak of?...
    It`s called "marketing".
    Likes Migue, JaredPointer, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Smoke and mirrors
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information