Post Thanks / Like

2017 Ford explorer sport

So I just took delivery of the truck and like any dealer "detail" (cough) it is horrible. I need to clean the hell out of this thing. The color is called smoke quartz which is a smokey black almost gun metal color with a flake.

I have been using zaino for years and think it does well. I plan to dawn, clay, and wash to get to paint. But I need some advice

I want to start fresh and get some:

Brushes - thinking of the woolies
    Towels - not sure what to get but want MF WW for drying and detailing
    Wheel cleaner - Sonax wheel cleaner full effect
    Wheel polish/protectant - ????????
    Something to take the swirls out of the A and B-Pillars - ??????
    Maybe even a good window polish/protectant - ????????

Can anyone give some advice for what I`m looking for... not looking to break the bank but want to make the truck stand out
    Thanks,
    Vinnie

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Ford explorer sport

You should try to substitute Sonax Wheel Cleaner with Optimum Power Clean diluted 1:3 instead. It works great with interior, dirty nasty wheels, and many other things, though it doesn`t remove stubborn iron deposits. However, I found it to be cost effective altogether with a top-notch performance!!
    I like low-profile tire brush coupled with mother`s wheel brush for a cheaper alternative. Speedy speed brush would be nice if you can afford it

I know that I`m not supposed to do this, but I use WGDGPS for my wheel sealant after I`m done putting it into the whole car!
    As for taking out swirls, I found myself liking Menzerna F400. It`s my go-to compound product.

Towels, I`d go with Supreme 530 towel and Meg`s waffle or Cobra`s Waffle, depending on your budget. Meg`s cost about 1/3 of Cobra`s waffle.

Window, I use Pinnacle system in here. I use Pinnacle Water Spot Remover then put Pinacle Glass Coat, followed by putting Pinnacle Windshield Booster in the windshield reservoir. You can go a bit more fancy by buying Pinacle Glass Window Cleaner as well. The whole system works very nice and comes pretty cheap when compared to many other product in here with that kind of performance caliber!! The glass coat is cheap enough that I can use it for the glass all around my house. It only need 3-4 drops for the whole windshield on a small-medium sedan!

Summary:
    Optima Power Clean 128 oz. diluted 1:3
    Pinnacle Glass Coat
    Pinnacle Windshield Washer Booster
    Menzerna F400 / HD Speed
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

If your only looking to take care of your own vehicle, then you dont need a powerful wheel cleaner. My wheels are coated and I wash them with the same big red sponge I wash the paint with, they never are dirty really.

for drying towels the griots garage towels are remarkable.

I would coat everything asap really, then maintain with an assortment of spray products, even z8.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess I`m looking to take off as much contaminants from rail dust etc as well as the swirl marks before I seal her up

Thread Information