Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2015 Honda Accord Coating Plan

Hey guys, I`ve been the browsing the forum for a while now since I got my new car a 2015 Honda Accord in modern steel metallic. Since I`ve had it I`ve only done 2 Bucket washes and rinseless.

Last year I used my HF DA (since upgraded) using a blue pad with CG Glosworks Glaze (looking back probably didn`t do much) then applied Jet Seal and Mother`s synthetic (probably unnecessary) to prep for the winter.

I bought a bunch of products during the sales over the holidays and plan on coating the car this spring/summer with CquartZ. Here`s my plan:

Wash: CG Citrus W&G 1oz/Gal
    Decon: Snow Foam --> Clay/Fine Nanoskin Caly
    Polish: CG V38 with white LC Pad (Rupes 15)
    IPA: CarPro Eraser.
    Coating: CquartZ

A few questions.

The only reason I`m using the V38 is because I have it on hand and can`t justify buying another product when I have a full bottle.

Will the snow foam be enough before claying? I also have Iron X and paste as well.

Also set up my HF DA with 3" pads for the smaller areas.

Any tips or Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Honda Accord Coating Plan

welcome... "unnecessary" isn`t in our vocab here unless its involving wrong product choice-

too bad you don`t have Essence. that would be a good combo before the CquartZ

maybe two eraser wipedowns is all I could add

depending on how bad the surface is- I think snow foam is fine--I`d imagine its decon ability to be a little bit less than a dedicated IX type product but I`ve used it before with sufficient success

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

...as long as that polish corrects to the point your satisfied to coat, all your set.
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

v38 is a nice polish. only other thing I would add is carpro reload after coating

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    welcome... "unnecessary" isn`t in our vocab here unless its involving wrong product choice-

too bad you don`t have Essence. that would be a good combo before the CquartZ

maybe two eraser wipedowns is all I could add

depending on how bad the surface is- I think snow foam is fine--I`d imagine its decon ability to be a little bit less than a dedicated IX type product but I`ve used it before with sufficient success
    Yeah I`ve been reading a lot of good things about essence, bought a large lot of CG Products from someone local before I was more educated lol...I`m hoping that should do it. Been using good technique and products since I`ve got it.

Used the Rupes a bit on my wrangler since the paint is already beat but going to use it more on some junk panels before I take it to my car lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    ...as long as that polish corrects to the point your satisfied to coat, all your set.
    That`s the goal I`m hoping I can achieve that with the v38 and white pad.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.autopia.org/forums/click-...loss-coat.html

Your plan looks like it will do just fine. I attached a link of when I coated my 14 Accord, also in msm. Might help provide a reference point. Good luck!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    v38 is a nice polish. only other thing I would add is carpro reload after coating
    Good to hear, I also picked up Hydro 2 lite and may buy Reload when my products get low, I`m "suffering" from what most people on here do, a ton of products and only a few vehicles. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    http://www.autopia.org/forums/click-...loss-coat.html

Your plan looks like it will do just fine. I attached a link of when I coated my 14 Accord, also in msm. Might help provide a reference point. Good luck!
    I think I`ve read your thread a few times but I`ll check it out again. Looks good!

Post Thanks / Like

Will this be your first coating?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Will this be your first coating?

Yup first coating and polishing/correcting.

Post Thanks / Like

A few more questions after reading various threads.

(1) After using a MF towel to buff off the Cquartz I should put in a bucket of APC to soak then wash after correct? I remember someone saying they don`t reuse the towels afterwards.

(2) Since I`m doing my car and don`t have plans to do any others anytime soon can I use the Cquartz on the wheels? I know they make the Dlux for the trim but I my as well use what I have, also any suggestions on application? The wheels have alot of crevaces on them...been using Hydro 2 Lite so far and like it.

And this is unrelated, I just washed the car yesterday, 2BM with CG W&G, used a small Makita blower I have to get rid of some of the water and started drying using the Guzzler HD and other Waffle weave towels, I did the hood and noticed a bunch of what I believe are water spots. I tried using Meguiars Quik Wax, Mothers Showtime QD, and Pinnacle Liquid Sovern (I believe, its a sample), and none took the spots off...Kind of annoyed and not sure if its just the water, Its an older house with a well and I`m not sure if we have any kind of water softener.

Here a few pics if you can tell what I`m talking about. I was going to buy some distilled water and use the Uber Rinseless to see if that alleviates the problem.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Edit: Pics seem to have rotated but its the blotchy areas.
    Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful correcting the honda paint,its so soft..and sticky.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s hard to tell from the pics if it is water spots. It looks dark to me. Water spots are usually white from the minerals in the water. It looks like smearing from an lsp to me, but it is real hard to make out. Try going over the area with a cleaner wax and see if that clears it up. If it is truly water spots you can try a dedicated water spot remover or a little white vinegar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    It`s hard to tell from the pics if it is water spots. It looks dark to me. Water spots are usually white from the minerals in the water. It looks like smearing from an lsp to me, but it is real hard to make out. Try going over the area with a cleaner wax and see if that clears it up. If it is truly water spots you can try a dedicated water spot remover or a little white vinegar.
    Yeah it was real hard to get a picture of, they weren`t white Per SE but seemed to form when I didn`t dry it in time...I did my GFs car today using 3 gal of distilled water with uber rinseless. Used the GD method for the first time and liked it, the some spots that did form on hers came off quick with the mothers showtime and the plush rinseless towel and waffle weave to dry. Hers is also a Honda with the soft paint as well..I`m going to resuse what I have left of the solution and do the GD on my car and report back.

Is there anything I can add to my wash bucket for normal 2BM Washes that might "purify" the water? I`ve read up about the filter kits and whatnot but can`t justify it now.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know about purifying the water, but some folks around here put an ounce or so of waterless wash concentrate in their wash bucket to soften the water. I have not tried this, but I don`t see where it would hurt to try. Water hardness varies from area to area. The best solution would be to filter the water before putting it in the bucket, but then we are talking about buying filters and such. I sounds like you are doing everything correctly. There really should be no water spots after blowing off the car and wiping up any remaining droplets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I don`t know about purifying the water, but some folks around here put an ounce or so of waterless wash concentrate in their wash bucket to soften the water. I have not tried this, but I don`t see where it would hurt to try. Water hardness varies from area to area. The best solution would be to filter the water before putting it in the bucket, but then we are talking about buying filters and such. I sounds like you are doing everything correctly. There really should be no water spots after blowing off the car and wiping up any remaining droplets.
    I do this with ONR 1 cap full in each of the buckets.

I`ve got more RW than I can use, so I might as well use it as a water softener.
    Likes Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information