Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proper way to remove sticker on exterior window?

Accumulator:
    On a TOTALLY unrelated matter to removing labels (sorry to OP and those following this thread), I worked for a owner/engineer of a small company that made ink dryers for the printing industry. Since many of the parts were flats or bent parts from sheet metal or thin plate stock that could be cut on a laser, ALL corners needed to have a small radius designed (CAD drawn) in them to prevent cutting one`s self during assembly (yes, I had to assemble dryers I designed or worked on as a CAD technician!) or to plant maintenance personnel when installed in the plant/factory. He was adamant about doing so and had me carefully check the CAD drawings that were used directly for pattern programs for the laser path to follow to cut out and make the part. Needless to say, if I did forget to draw a radius in a sharp corner, it was added by hand during assembly. It becomes quite tedious when 10 identical parts are involved and one remembers NOT to forget them in the design/drawing phase.

I am sure other detailers and mechanics can relate to this when reaching in door seams or wheel rims where the sheet metal or cast/forged part has not been radiused or deburred and slicing, cutting, or gouging out flesh from one`s fingers or hand to some degree. While these may be "badges of honor" of a person who does such work, they can be reduced if the vehicle factory would radius and deburr such edges and corners. GM cars are the worst and Ford is not much better. I have NEVER had this problem on Mercedes-Benz cars, for what its worth. Prevention is in the design and attention to such details.
    GB detailer
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proper way to remove sticker on exterior window?

Lonnie- Hey, that was interesting!

Yeah, simply designing the radius into the specs seems so simple but yet it`s so rare, and I`ve cut myself but good on all sorts of things where that could`ve made all the difference.
    Thanks Lonnie thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information