Post Thanks / Like

Auto Detailing Pricing

Just had a question. I was wondering if my prices were decent for detailing. What do you guys think? Should I lower it or raise it.

Services :: Maestro Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto Detailing Pricing

One thing that stands out to me is the polishing. I charge almost double for that.

But I also give people I know really well better pricing than those I don`t. This is one reason why I don`t have set prices.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on the other detailers in your area. You have to be competitive or at least justify your prices with your level of service. It also depends on who you want to target. Most people think detail as a good wash n wax or a vacuum and wipe down inside and don`t care about the details many of us get into. They typically migrate to the cheaper options. You can choose to target them or the car owners who really care about the details and are willing to pay for the service

Post Thanks / Like

I would spell/grammar ck your stuff.

Prices seem low

As Boostin said, I might put a "starts at" price, but your prices are set.

I`m not sure you need to specify polish and some other products. LSP etc, mebbe yes, but not polishes etc
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I would spell/grammar ck your stuff.

Prices seem low

As Boostin said, I might put a "starts at" price, but your prices are set.

I`m not sure you need to specify polish and some other products. LSP etc, mebbe yes, but not polishes etc
    That is exactly what I say when someone asks what I charge, "I usually start around $300 and go up from there. It mainly depends on the condition of your paint, how hard it is to work with, and how far you want me to go." And I do this for a one step polish and lsp. Sometimes I`ll through in an engine bay, but mainly cause it doesn`t take long and it looks really good.

My competition starts at $350 just for a light polish, $450-$500 for medium polish, and well over $600 for multiple steps. Then charge additionally for engine, interior, and level of lsp.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gmta
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on your area of the country and also the hack`s that are out there who will give bargain basement prices starting with their bath tub soap they use on customers cars for washes and dirty towels that they use on anything. I don`t know your area ( OP ) but these are good prices to start. Check around your area and see what good/great detailers are charging and price accordingly. I saw one hack washer washing 2 new C7`s with towels he drop on the ground and he still use them towels to wipe them C7`s. I just had to look the other way and finish filling up my ride.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Pirate View Post
    It depends on your area of the country and also the hack`s that are out there who will give bargain basement prices starting with their bath tub soap they use on customers cars for washes and dirty towels that they use on anything. I don`t know your area ( OP ) but these are good prices to start. Check around your area and see what good/great detailers are charging and price accordingly. I saw one hack washer washing 2 new C7`s with towels he drop on the ground and he still use them towels to wipe them C7`s. I just had to look the other way and finish filling up my ride.

Haha, I read a review (on Amazon I think) for a foam gun or cannon and the guy said he uses Suave (yes, the shampoo) to wash his car.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.
    Likes psedog liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well to give you an idea...I charge $375 starting for cars, $475 for med sized vehicles and , $575 for larger trucks and SUVs all starting price...then adjust from there...that`s outside only..for paint correction and lsp...other things are a custom price basis..if I`m wet sanding I charge by the hour instead of a flat fee..$65 hr min 15 hours and adjust after completing the job.. All depends...what/who are you looking to do details for..ability..level of attention to detail...it really depends on what you`re looking to achieve as a detailer. I charge more than those in my area but I try to offer an experience worth the cost...
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    Haha, I read a review (on Amazon I think) for a foam gun or cannon and the guy said he uses Suave (yes, the shampoo) to wash his car.
    It does what their`s does, for a lot less............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBEk2wQai1c
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    It does what their`s does, for a lot less............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBEk2wQai1c
    That`s not the same difference... at all!
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.
    Likes trashmanssd, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the others the pricing is too low for the products and work offered. On the flipside, you might get a few lazy/tired/older enthusiast detailers as customers with pricing that low.

Post Thanks / Like

a few observations/questions since you asked...
    additional: Just wax and windows - $50
    compared to Decontamination & sealant/wax protection
    difference is only $10
    Are you talking about just wash, wax and windows or just waxing a clean car?

You may want to revisit this unless you are trying to upsell to the extra $10 (i.e. decon and seal/wax protection pkg) as that seems like a much better deal for the consumer and priced relative to the prev mentioned addl srvc seems to be cutting into your profits
    I dont advertise prices anymore. If asked I tell people there is a general base and its all quoted based on your veh condition and your desired results/how much you want to spend to get them. But then again I am not doing this full time so my needs are different and I am at the point with my business where I can turn down people if I dont` feel like their needs match my abilities/results.

regarding your correction prices..I would say they appear quite fair (read:you probably could charge more if you know what you are doing)
    UNLESS you are doing these jobs in like 3 hrs or so, which I`m presuming you are not.

Dont sell youself short on prices if you dont have to

Brandt K.

Thread Information