Post Thanks / Like

PBL paint coating questions

I`ve been a user of 4* UPP for many years. I`ve got the process down pat, not that its hard to use by any stretch. I`ve got a new 2015 F150 in metallic Tuxedo black that I`m taking delivery of next week and something in the back of my mind is telling me I need to coat it. If so I would like to use PBL`s paint coating (V2). Knowing that there is no need seal over top, and that it`s overkill, could I still apply UPP afterwards? There is something about my sealing routine that I really enjoy, and I don`t like the idea of 100% doing away with it during the life of the coating. I really look forward to when it`s time to reseal and always feel the best about my paint finish after an application.

I`m fortunate enough to work from home, the truck will be garaged during the day and overnight. It`s your typical grocery getter, pick up the kids from school, etc. I do live in Houston so summers can be rough on paint if the vehicle is sitting in an open parking lot all day but I should be able to limit those types of days given my scenario. Should I consider skipping the coating altogether and just sticking to my sealing routine?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBL paint coating questions

I love the low maintenance aspect of paint coatings, but if you enjoy the process of hand sealing your car from time to time, you might just want to stick with that. Sounds like it`s already working very well for you. If you still really want to hand apply and wipe off a protectant on top of the coating, perhaps Black Label Synergy would be a worthy alternative. It`s pretty expensive stuff but it does share the same nano-glass particles as the Black Label Paint Coating. You could pick it up during a sale and get a nice percentage off. Just a thought.
    Houston, TX - 300zx twin turbo - F355 F1 Spider - Miata turbo

Post Thanks / Like

Topping a coating should be a detailing felony...unless the manufacturer recommends it.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Once you’ve clayed and polished the vehicle, it’s time to apply the paint coating. Paint coatings are available in syringes (Optimum Gloss-Coat), small glass bottles (GTechniq EXO), conventional cylindrical bottles with sprayers (DP Paint Coating), and traditional bottles with flip caps (BLACKFIRE). Spray-on paint coatings are the easiest to apply.

Thread Information