Post Thanks / Like

Taking delivery of a New M3 in 3-4 weeks.

So, I`m taking delivery soon and I want to make sure she looks as good as she can. I`m going to seal her with C.Quartz UK. I`m getting ready to buy some new clay and some 6" microfiber pads (cutting and finishing) to use with my Porter Cable (Meguiars branded, lol). I`ve attaching a picture of my stable of liquids. As you can see I`ve stayed pretty true to Megs.

My current plan.
    Wash with Gold Class (using a pressure washer to spray it on)
    Clay bar.
    Ultimate compound with Cutting pad on D/A at 4.
    Speed Glaze 80 with polishing pad on D/A at 2.
    Wipe the car down with Quick Detailer.
    Coat with CQUK.
    Coat windows with Nanolex.
    Wait 24hrs.
    Apply second coat of CQUK. (yes I know the box says I can do it in an hour, but I want to be safe.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need to get a new bar of clay and would traditionally stick with Meguiars, but am open to change. Also, debating on getting some Meqs 105 and doing that before the ultimate compound.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taking delivery of a New M3 in 3-4 weeks.

The problem I see is you probably should wipe the car down with IPA, or Eraser, or some type of solvent to help with coating bonding. Hopefully someone more experienced will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my car that I just sold. I kept her in pretty good condition.

Post Thanks / Like

So is this a brand new car? If so your plan is way too aggressive. And have you used CQUK yet? It`s not something you want to try for the first time on a brand new car. Also what color is the vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you want to do 105 then ultimate compound? I think you have everything you need, but wait till you see the car. I would seriously consider Kamikaze ism and overcoat instead of any c Quartz

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, brand new car. The color is Azurite Black. I`ve bought a few new cars and have always had to do correction. This will be the first one that wasn`t on the lot though.
    I have used CQUK. That`s the reason I`m waiting 24hrs as opposed to the 1hr the box suggests.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Why do you want to do 105 then ultimate compound? I think you have everything you need, but wait till you see the car. I would seriously consider Kamikaze ism and overcoat instead of any c Quartz
    105 is a pretty aggressive compound. That`s why I was thinking if I needed to go that deep then I would step it down. Obviously, I would adjust once getting the car and seeing how effective each step is. Never had a BMW and I`ve heard bad things about their paint. Just preparing for the worst.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve done plenty of BMW`s and to use wool pads with 105 on new paint is insane. Without seeing the car I feel pretty confident on that statement. That said, some new cars come in pretty bad shape. I assume the dealer is doing no prep of the paint.

First I`d nanoskin with a fine grade mitt, followed by an IronX decon. BMW`s are notorious for having a ton of rail dust on them when new. I`d get some 4000 on a white LC hybrid pad, then polish with 4500 on a black LC hybrid pad. Use eraser then coat. Always go least aggressive method to achieve maximum results. You can always dial it up if you have to. Make sure you do a test spot before diving in. Keep the 105 for when the vehicle is a few years old.

I`d also recommend hiring a professional to help you with this. An M3 is quite an expensive German Machine you don`t want to make a mistake on.

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t get the 105. Got it. I just got the thought into my head when I was browsing around looking for new pads. My current pads are on their last legs.

Post Thanks / Like

If you need any more help please feel free to call, I have owned several BMW`s
    theshineshopautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike!

Btw, I looked into kamikaze and decided on cquk. I thought it was near the same, but now I`m reading about how waterspots can develop on ceramic coats...

Thread Information