Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windows Aren`t My Favorite Thing To Do

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Anyone use coffee filters to clean windows? I used them in a restaurant I worked in and it worked really well. I never think to grab them when I`m gathering the car stuff, though.
    You made me laugh - in my youth (yes, I can remember some things from that long ago!) the restaurant I worked at made me clean windows with vinegar and newspaper!
    These days, as I mentioned, I like Stoner`s Invisible Glass, while my wife swears by Windex.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought some of these to try, so if they suck I am billing Ron.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.
    Likes jsou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    Hoping these work well for you beings I`ve shot my mouth off about them. I talked with Ron about the moisture trails some had mentioned. I think we arrived at the consensus that humitdity or lack there of in my case might be the reason for my success. I`ll be interested to hear your opinion.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Let`s all just bill Ron for any item in the store. Yeah, I`d like that.
    Likes ca.detailchick, Oldfordisbetter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsou View Post
    Let`s all just bill Ron for any item in the store. Yeah, I`d like that.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Ron is that shermanater?
    Likes Ronkh, kenny.bacon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 65chevy View Post
    Ron is that shermanater?
    yep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Hoping these work well for you beings I`ve shot my mouth off about them. I talked with Ron about the moisture trails some had mentioned. I think we arrived at the consensus that humitdity or lack there of in my case might be the reason for my success. I`ll be interested to hear your opinion.
    Have had the chance to use these a couple times. I really like them after figuring them out.

#1 - you have to wring them out really well. Like super get a good forearm workout in wring them out. If you don`t, you will have moisture left behind.
    #2 - While they do list a procedure to deal with "dirty" glass - i.e. glass that has remnants of old cleaner, heavy fog, etc - I didn`t follow it. I just came back with another one of the towels the next day.

No streaks, no lint, and I did notice that the windows don`t get that high-humidity foggy haze if you put a window down in the morning.

I also used another towel for mirrors in the house and another for in the kitchen, cleaning the microwave, oven dishwasher, toaster oven, etc and one final one for screens - TVs, computer, etc. No streaking, no lint.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.
    Likes Ronkh, mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have had the chance to use these a couple times. I really like them after figuring them out.

#1 - you have to wring them out really well. Like super get a good forearm workout in wring them out. If you don`t, you will have moisture left behind.
    #2 - While they do list a procedure to deal with "dirty" glass - i.e. glass that has remnants of old cleaner, heavy fog, etc - I didn`t follow it. I just came back with another one of the towels the next day.

No streaks, no lint, and I did notice that the windows don`t get that high-humidity foggy haze if you put a window down in the morning.

I also used another towel for mirrors in the house and another for in the kitchen, cleaning the microwave, oven dishwasher, toaster oven, etc and one final one for screens - TVs, computer, etc. No streaking, no lint.
    So glad they worked well for you JP.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Just another tip for windows, I too dislike them. Unless there is actually stuff on them I have to clean off, example would be marks from cleaners or over spray of chemicals, I just go straight for my chamois and a fresh clean MF. Water is the best polisher for windows and won`t leave streaks. Just wipe it with the chamois and polish it dry with the MF. If there is junk on the windows I use the window cleaner first and don`t care about streak marks, then polish it to perfection with the first mentioned tip. Doesn`t really take much more time. In my experience I`ll spend a lot longer chasing streaks with any cleaner than if I just use water and a MF.

Post Thanks / Like

kenny.bacon- IME how well water works for glass is pretty dependent on water *quality*. Really hard water isn`t something I want on my glass

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I`d throw this out now that I`ve been using these towels for a few weeks. I left a vehicle sit in the garage, freshly washed for about 10 days without driving it. This was a little crossover with the air deflector that hangs over the back window. Once driven the dust like usual was visible on the rear window. At this point I could see a kind of, for lack of a better description, grain in the direction of my final wipe when cleaning this window. This was not visible at all prior to driving it and letting the dust settle. I`m still very impressed with these towels but there is no question in my mind that something must be left behind for this to happen. I`m wanting to try some of PBL`s Glass Coating on the windows and see what happens using these towels with this product on the glass.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting idea Gearhead

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information