Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coatings

Post Thanks / Like

Coatings

I am new to the whole "coating" part of detailing so I need some assistance. I primarily use Zaino for detailing as it has served me very well over the years, but I do not see a sealant listed on their website (I don`t believe Z-CS is a true sealant). Based off of the searching I have done I have come up with the following -

Optimum Gloss-Coat Paint Coating
    Chemical Guys Jetseal 109
    Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection

I am looking for something that is relativity easy to apply and remove, as well as protect the paint from bird bombs, automatic car washes, etc for at least a year at a time.

I don`t know anything about the above products, other than some say Four Star UPP doesn`t play well with some coatings. Thanks in advance!

(I accidentally used the term "sealant" in a prior thread, so I started a new with with the correct terminology.)

This is the thread that got me interested -
    GRAND FINALE -Optimum Opti-Coating - Durability Test Review!!!

BTW, this isn`t for my own vehicle, but rather family members that live too far away to complete maintenance details, and I can`t talk them out of going through swirl-o-matics.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coatings

Take a look at Kamakaze products. Very easy, and very durable
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Out of the 3 only listed, only Gloss Coat will prevent bird poop from etching the clear. Car washes with brushes will abrade ANY coating away over time. Even Opti Coat Pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Gloss is the best as far as ease of use, shine, etc....going on close to a year on my car and looks just as good as day one....

https://youtu.be/EREv5ldz6rE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies everyone!

FYI - I am not stuck on those 3, I am open to options!

Post Thanks / Like

Coatings

Have you looked into the Pinnacle Black Label Coating? I really enjoy mine. It is super slick and glossy. Also really easy to apply. When it wears off I will be going with Optimum Gloss Coat or PolishAngel Viking Coat.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The easiest coating (actually more like a super sealant) on the planet to apply that looks great and lasts about a year, and is not susceptible to water spot etching like silica based coating are...and is $30...sonus ion. You cannot mess this up.
    Likes XxBoostinxX, Stokdgs, tropicsteve liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    The easiest coating (actually more like a super sealant) on the planet to apply that looks great and lasts about a year, and is not susceptible to water spot etching like silica based coating are...and is $30...sonus ion. You cannot mess this up.
    I have been thinking about using Sonus ION for my standard Sealant/Coating for customers. How many applications can you get out of a bottle?
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, could`ve sworn I posted to this thread yesterday (about how I use UPP on the S8 and generally do not recommend it).

IMO if it`s gonna get run through the swirl-o-matic, the whole idea of trying to keep it really nice (especially from a distance) gets, uhm....problematic. It`d be easy to waste a whole lotta time/effort without ending up with anything long-term to show for it.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Huh, could`ve sworn I posted to this thread yesterday (about how I use UPP on the S8 and generally do not recommend it).

IMO if it`s gonna get run through the swirl-o-matic, the whole idea of trying to keep it really nice (especially from a distance) gets, uhm....problematic. It`d be easy to waste a whole lotta time/effort without ending up with anything long-term to show for it.
    You did post to my thread yesterday, but I used the term "sealant" as opposed to "coating", so I deleted it and started over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

I agree.

If you are going to take it through an automatic car wash just stick with AIO and use that routinely.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I agree.

If you are going to take it through an automatic car wash just stick with AIO and use that routinely.
    I`m not taking anything through those god awful machines, but I can`t stop family members (no matter how much proof I show them) from going.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to go with element 115? System X.
    but they dont sell direct anymore only to shops..
    check out Polish Angels viking coatn and glass coat system

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    I`m not taking anything through those god awful machines, but I can`t stop family members (no matter how much proof I show them) from going.
    Well, lots of people are like that So I wouldn`t knock yourself out doing work that`ll get undone right away. Hey...just cleaning the paint really well and having *something* on it will go a long way.

While Autopians might cringe at the idea, plenty of people do OK (by their standards) just running their vehicles through a carwash, driving them home, and then going over them with some product like an AIO or a CleanerWax. If that Product is *really* easy to use, then even a non-Autopian might do it (KAIO comes to mind, though AutoGlym SRP would probably be better).
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m going to coat my moms car next month for her bday, and probably my own before winter. I keep going back and forth between the black label coating and cquartz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information