Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Collinite likes FK 425

At least on 476 and 885 it adds a little more bling. Funny I tried 425 with Zaino and Duragloss and was not impressed. Now with Collinite the 425 seems to work better than DG`s Fast Clean and Shine.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes MiVor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looks like Collinite likes FK 425

That`s a great shot!

FK 425 is a great QD product.

If you are feeling luv for the FK product line, check out their Pink Wax...

Post Thanks / Like

Oops

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post

If you are feeling luv for the FK product line, check out their Pink Wax...
    Pink Wax compared to 1000P? What say ye Tom?

Post Thanks / Like

I do have a can of FK`s Hy Temp, bought it on the last sale in case the Collinite did not make it through the AZ summer. The only thing I have used it on so far are the chrome bumpers on the Dodge, I ran out of sheet metal with the Wife`s van covered in 476 and my truck with 885. Looking at that shot of the hood with the garage door opener and fluorescent light has grabbed my eye a few times and if it all lives as long as reports and Collinite say we will have a winner. I do have to say the waxes are very different than the sealants I have been using over the years as the sealants appear/are greasy when on chrome or glass.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Pink Wax compared to 1000P? What say ye Tom?
    It`s a beauty wax/topper, IME. It works well with FK 1000p. IIRC, it`s a carnauba hybrid type wax. Nice product for freshening things up. They used to offer it in small sample size tins...
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

davidc- Ah, another of those YMMV! things!

I once used FK425 as a final wipe-down over day-old 476S. This was on the dark blue `93 Audi before I bought it, was all ready to take it back to the original owner. BUT NO!! The 425 did a solvent-action number on the 476S something awful- pseudo-holograms/etc. that would *not* buff out. Had to call her to say I`d be late, AIO the whole thing and rewax it. Utterly astounded me, but it was the sort of "oh [crap]!" experience that forever scared me off of using FK425 on Collinite.

[Heh heh, Accumulator decides to *NOT* post anything about somebody using other LSPs with a can of FK1000P apparently on the shelf ]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    davidc- Ah, another of those YMMV! things!

I once used FK425 as a final wipe-down over day-old 476S. This was on the dark blue `93 Audi before I bought it, was all ready to take it back to the original owner. BUT NO!! The 425 did a solvent-action number on the 476S something awful- pseudo-holograms/etc. that would *not* buff out. Had to call her to say I`d be late, AIO the whole thing and rewax it. Utterly astounded me, but it was the sort of "oh [crap]!" experience that forever scared me off of using FK425 on Collinite.

[Heh heh, Accumulator decides to *NOT* post anything about somebody using other LSPs with a can of FK1000P apparently on the shelf ]
    YMMV ?. Yeah the FK1000 is a backup, my prior experiences here in AZ are not the best with Carnuba and if they fail I have plenty of DG to fall back on . I do remember you talking about the halogram experience. The 476S and 885 have been on for over a month now and have seen rain, DG rinseless and conventional washes so maybe mine is set up more than yours was.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve never had a problem with that combination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    YMMV ?.
    YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary, i.e., different people may have different results.

RTexasF- Wonder what happened in my case? If it hadn`t been such a big deal I`d just write it off as a one-time anomaly, but I just can`t go through that again.

Eh, I`m getting away from QDs in general anyhow, and I`ve found stuff I like better over 476S, but I do still wonder...

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I`m getting away from QDs in general anyhow, and I`ve found stuff I like better over 476S, but I do still wonder...

???
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Inquiring minds want to know, are you going to share. Starting to sound like a Batman and Riddler movie.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I like Megs UQW, or D156 over Collinite 476 or 845. Seems to play together very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Rohkh & davidc- Heh heh...sorry, didn`t mean to be inscrutable.

After decades of using QDs primarily as drying aids and sometimes for birb-bombs/etc. I`ve recently found that for most applications I prefer to use a spraywax or IUDJ instead.

I still use/like/recommend ValuGard`s FastFinish for matte/satin black stuff, especially rubber/plastic. I don`t like it on paint, not shiny enough for me.

QDs for use on *waxes*- I`ve basically retired my SpeedShine (after using/liking/recommending it since it first came out in the early `90s I gave away my last gallon of it) and I`m still using up my EF Clear Pearl. For drying I use either OCW or UQW, for the rare between-wash touch-up I use IUDJ.

Like RPPM, I`m using the UQW over 476S, that`s on the dark blue `93 Audi with terrible paint; the UQW adds a little something but doesn`t highlight the fact that the paint is 99% marred up beyond repair. I`m using OCW on the silver `00 A8 (much nicer paint) over M16 as the OCW seems to give a bit brighter shine compared to the UQW. I`m trying the UQW on the black plastic bottoms of the A8`s bumper covers (actually it`s satin black paint) and so far I like it (but otherwise the black bits get the FastFinish).

QDs for use on *sealants* (including FK1000P)- I`m finding that IUDJ leaves about the same slickness and shine as FK425 and cleans better than FK146. While I suspect that the FK QDs leave more [whatever] behind than IUDJ does, I can`t seem to discern any downside from using the IUDJ instead. I still have gallons of both FK QDs, but I suspect that I might not replace them....we`ll see.

The IUDJ, which I mix pretty strong, seems to add a bit more "pop" than my QDs had. Surprised me, didn`t expect that. I`d like to try adding Garry`s (very priecy!) Juice Boost to it sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, it`s always good to know what different products are used over the LSP.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information