Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,`

`

I have been contemplating using a sacrificial wax to use as a `last lsp` (I know, it`s an autopian-oxymoron).`

I considered using some OTC or boutique Quick wax spray for that as an option... Or as many here will likely suggest, just layer whatever lsp I am using... and I agree with the layering...`

`

BUT what if I wanted to top my last layer with some wax that had no solvents/cleaners, something that would just go on and probably not last very long but may add some extra pizzazz?`

`

What would you recommend? I had thought some kind of mostly Carnauba wax-based wax, but even with those, I am not sure which one would be a good choice for the price of what it out there. It`s not like I would use some expensive`<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:`helvetica neue`, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Definitive Wax 53 or smthg like that...`

`

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:`helvetica neue`, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I`m curious to hear anyone who has tried, and what you used. I have some Megs Deep Crystal (step 3) Carnauba wax that I was thinking of trying since I have it laying around and never ever use it, but curious to hear other members chime in.`

`

`

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:`helvetica neue`, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">thank you for your indulgence in this silly inconsequential line of inquiry... `

Post Thanks / Like

Natty`s Blue

Post Thanks / Like

jojo69- I can`t imagine the DC#3 being something that`d actually make a *positive* difference.` OK, I haven`t used it in ages and maybe it`s different now, but I wouldn`t put that stuff on any vehicle I cared about let alone over top of a LSP I didn`t want to risk messing up (i.e., think "solvent action").

`

Yeah, I`m`of the "just add more of your current LSP" mindset.` But I understand if you want to do *something* more, uhm...interesting than that.

`

I`d do one of two things- either try using Meg`s UQW as a drying aid, or incorporate a good rinseless wash like IUDJ into your regime.` The UQW is very highly regarded here, and oughta add both an additional sacrificial layer and some added looks.` The IUDJ utterly amazed me with how it enhanced the appearance of the vehicles I`m using it on.` I thought they looked fine before, but !oh man! did the IUDJ, mixed pretty potent, almost QD-strength, make a difference.

`

Yeah, you could just add some kind of Beauty Wax (I like Souveran), but the above will be really easy to do and will even (IMO) help make your wash/dry regimen safer with regard to marring.` And some waxes don`t "die off cleanly" but rather leave some "dead wax" artifacts that will eventually need to be cleaned off the paint; I can only top with Souveran for so long until I need to clean things up with a Paint Cleaner/AIO/etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I have and love IUDJ as well as Ultima`s WW+ (actually falling back in love with UWW+ again lately).
    Thanks rppm & Accu for your replies... Anyone else?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If your looking to add that layer of sacrificial "pop" then I would go with CG EZ Creme Glaze instead of a wax. If your looking to add some more protection Colly 845 or DG 105, so easy to use.

`

Ez Creme

<span><span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:10pt;">Extreme Shine EZ Creme Glaze with Acrylic Shine II delivers the maximum level of shine while its unique cohesion system reduces surface static delivering the ultimate repellent of dirt by reducing static charge on the vehicle`s paint as well as plastic and metal surfaces. Extreme Shine EZ Creme Glaze utilizes acrylic technology, the perfect blend of gloss enhancers and surface protectant with an acrylic polymer to deliver a wet look that lasts. EZ Creme Glaze technology creates a situation that allows the strong ionic polymer to adhere to the surface of the acrylic or urethane top coat, delivering unparalleled shine and protection. Extreme Shine EZ Creme Glaze with Acrylic Shine II is a great way to quickly add lots of shine back to your paint. With just one application, you will add dramatic depth and gloss that will make the paint look very deep and shiny. EZ Creme Glaze can be applied by hand or with a buffer. Once applied, you will instantly notice how it helps fill in imperfections and provides a more uniform appearance to a clear coat.

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like
    OCW, it`s the only quick spray that delivers results that compare well to a real carnauba paste.

Post Thanks / Like

Natty`s Blue

CG EZ Creme glaze

Optimum Car Wax spray

`

given this application would likely be used as a refresher between waxes or after #845 or FK1000, it seems that ocw may be a good option to try out.`

I am curious about the CG glaze as I do not own any glazes, but they recommend to use before lsp.`

`

It also seems that peeps like either OCW, Duragloss AW and/or FK 425, so I may choose one arbitrarily to try out..

Post Thanks / Like

jojo69-` I`ve used`OCW over top of numerous waxes with zero issues, and that`s more than I can say for my otherwise highly recommended FK425, which does *NOT* always play nice with Collinite (as in,`serious ?solvent-action? issues).

`

Now over top of the FK1000P, sure, I`d definitely go with the FK425.

`

So maybe you need both!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hahaha! Well I really need them all to try them out and make an informed decision based on experience and real life situations now don`t I ?! . I think ocw would be good to have period for its versatility while fk425 to stay with the fk1000 family. I`ve veered away from collinite (845,476s) use towards using fk1000 lately so it seems that indeed having both may be handy...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I have both and don`t consider it money ill-spent.

Post Thanks / Like

If your car is a dark color and you`re still thinking wax, you can`t beat Souveran, Victoria Concours, or Dodo Juice Supernatural, in no particular order.` All three take Imola Red to a new level.

Post Thanks / Like

grab a spray whatever you do.` the time saved will make it make more sense to put something on that "wont last"

`

with that said, I would recommend a spray coating like car pro reload, Gtechnique liquid crystal, or migliori cima sealant - all three are very solid products

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input! I have some find recommendations and products to buy.`

`

Given the purpose of this being for my car and the occasional customers, a coating wouldn`t quite fit the bill for the intended purpose (and I agree with you).`

`

In addition to the wax sprays, Qd`s and other suggestions, I am toying with the idea of getting Collinite #845 into a spray bottle and using that since I have the main ingredients to do so. I remember reading on this method and may be something to try out. `

`

ultimately, given this day & age, I guess a good QD or Spray wax would likely work just as well (if not better) than having some multipurpose-non abrasive-mostly carnauba wax to lay on just because....`

`

thanks ya`ll!!`

`

if more ideas pop in, feel free to post!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

`The IUDJ utterly amazed me with how it enhanced the appearance of the vehicles I`m using it on.` I thought they looked fine before, but !oh man! did the IUDJ, mixed pretty potent, almost QD-strength, make a difference.

`

`

`

Accu, `do you also Garry Dean`s Juice Boost with IUDJ to get that "amazing appearance"? ``

`

FWIW, how many oz of IUDJ are you using per gallon?

Post Thanks / Like

mystickid- No, I haven`t tried the Juice Boost. `If it weren`t so pricey, and if I hadn`t ended up with so much of his Beyond Infinity Sealant (long story...) I`d consider it, if only for use on the undercarriages/wells/etc.

`

When I mix up the IUDJ for rinseless washing (that`s what`s giving me this improved appearance) I use *ABOUT* one ounce per gallon of water. `That`s considerably stronger than the usual/recommended rinseless wash dilution, but considerably weaker than the usual QD dilution. `I emphasized the "about" part because I`m not being `especially precise about it and it probably ends up a bit stronger than that (I`m sure it`s never weaker).

`

I might try experimenting with an even stronger mix, but I ask myself "why?" since it`s working so well this way. `When I mix it up as a QD I use about 3 ounces per gallon of water (but never more, probably always a little less).

`

Those dilutions mean that I mix `the`X ounce(s) of IUDJ and one full gallon of water together to end up with more than a gallon of mix total. `Garry`s dilution directions are, uhm....sometimes not worded all that clearly IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information