Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

`

I`m trying to get my car clean and protected before winter. It`s a 2014 Kia Optima with pearl white paint. Upon closer inspection I saw some stuff on the paint. Some of it looked like tiny specks of tar and others looked like tiny specks of rust. They`re hard to see from a distance but up close they`re noticeable and I don`t want to wax over it.

`

I tried my clay and it didn`t touch it. I tried some contact cleaner on some of the tar and it took it off but I`m not going to do the entire car with it. I also tried Einszett bug/tar and it didn`t touch it either.

`

Any ideas on a product or method that would pull this stuff off the paint? I don`t want to guess which product(s) will work. Thanks a ton for any ideas?

`

J.`

`

FWIW, I didn`t notice any of this stuff when I bought the car several `months ago`

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest using Iron-X.` It should take care of it.

Post Thanks / Like

CRUZMISL- I`d do what the major automakers have dealers do in such a situation, namely decontaminate it with ValuGard`s "ABC" system.` I like/use/recomend clay, but this sounds like exactly the type of situation that calls for a chemical decontamination.` Pricey?` Maybe, but the upsides are that 1) it works and 2) it`s basically as easy as doing a series of three washes.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to Hijack but thank you Accumulator.` I had never heard of Valugard ABC.` I will give it a try after I run out of Iron-X.

I did a search and found this old thread.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/1...ocedure-video/

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Valugard.net `Under the Engineer`s section are several Technical Service Bulletins regarding required use of the ABC by several vehicle manufacturer`s, including Kia`s owner, Hyundia. Also, the Ford TSB shows the same products, but produced under private label for Ford`s MotorCraft parts division. Under the Video`s section is a training video that shows step by step and explains what is taking place.`

Hope this helps clear the air regarding the ValuGard ABC system.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like

kme5150- My pleasure.` They aren`t really focused much on the individual consumer, but FWIW they *do* give excellent customer service.` Beth (800 543-7156) is simply *superb*.` Whatever they pay her, she deserves a raise IMO.

Thread Information