Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick backstory:

Had to run to the local home improvement store this past weekend. Stopped to get gas when I was leaving, and the station had one of the drive-thru washes that so many of them have. As I filled up and was driving away, I couldn`t help but notice the somewhat startling condition of the brushes in the wash bay:

Of course, the first thought that crossed my mind, and I`m sure the same as all of you, was "STAY AWAY!!!"

However, I have some prototype goods at home that need some testing. Because of this, I made a sacrifice for the greater good, and $8, much gnashing of teeth, and about 90 seconds of tears later, here is what my paint looked like in the bright sun later that day:

And the following morning in different light:

In the interest of full disclosure, my paint was not perfect before hand, but I`d say 95%+. Since the last correction, I`ve done 2 2-bucket washes and 3 Rinseless Washes on it. Being black, there was a light amount of wash damage that could be seen. However, the amount of damage that this single wash inflicted upon it was pretty shocking, wouldn`t you agree?!?
    dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvOHbxBAEN8

Post Thanks / Like

`

Definitely taking one for the team here!
    dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nick:

You`ve discovered why most Autopians use a touch-less car wash and then go home and do an Optimum`s No-Rinse wash in their (heated) garage during the winter.

`

What is the manufacturer/model of the "guinea-pig" car and the paint color name??
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zerix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvOHbxBAEN8

`

`

hahaha,well played

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie

Nick:

You`ve discovered why most Autopians use a touch-less car wash and then go home and do an Optimum`s No-Rinse wash in their (heated) garage during the winter.

`

What is the manufacturer/model of the "guinea-pig" car and the paint color name??

`

Indeed, a touchless wash followed with Rinseless is the way to get through the winter!

`

I was in my 2009 Silverado, she`s my product testing mule.`

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like an older broadway car wash the newer ones use black material so you don`t see this

Post Thanks / Like

I almost threw up on seeing the colorful red-black brushes. Yikes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Commercial car washes are not something to lump into a general category. I have the greatest touchless carwash near me that is fast...and I use it all winter. It blows underneath the car, has two foam cycles, and both a hp and spotless rinse. Not to mention an air dryer that shakes the car. No wax option. Done in 8 minutes. I rarely have to touch the car afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s kind of interesting that you talk about commercial touchless car washes: in the Green Bay, Wisconsin area (actually DePere) we have two automated car wash manufacturers: PDQ Manufacturing, Inc,`(Pretty Darn Quick) and WashWorld, Inc. I worked at WashWorld as a CADD (Computer-Aided Drawing/Design) technician as a contractor for about 2 months to help them set up electronic CAD drawing standards. It was fun while it lasted. They have since moved and expanded from the`site I worked at in February of 2006. I did talk to the production development manager shortly before their move in May of 2013, and their reason for expansion is a larger-than-expected growth in the European Union countries and Arab Mid-East markets, where government-mandated water consumption conservation and taking care of personal cars that have a high-ownership cost due to government taxes are causing consumers to use automated car washes more frequently in an attempt to meet ecological concerns and make their more-expensive cars last longer (not to mention look better). We also have some private-owner car-care chemical companies that support them. (Yes, I talked to them, but they do not sell to the general public, nor`would they`let me try`sample of what they produce. Not unless you want (10) 55-gallon drums of car wash soaps for automated car washes)
    GB detailer

Thread Information