Post Thanks / Like

<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, `lucida grande`, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Any suggestions on getting overspray off of textured paint (frame) and texture plastic? I was able to get it off the shiny parts with a clay bar but I`m not having much luck with the rest of the bike. `I have tried goof off, spray detailer, and a few other goodies. `The only thing I have found that halfway works is fingernail polish remover and I would prefer to not use it.

`

<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, `lucida grande`, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Here is my bike, the one I got over spray on because I`m an idiot.

`

<span style="font-size:14px;">

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I hate to say it I`d try a Magic Eraser. `I say I hate to say it because it can scuff some plastic and paint. `Id` use it with soapy water for lube honestly and give a small area a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD

As much as I hate to say it I`d try a Magic Eraser. `I say I hate to say it because it can scuff some plastic and paint. `Id` use it with soapy water for lube honestly and give a small area a shot.

`

Thank you. `I will pick one up tomorrow and give it a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lowcel

Thank you. `I will pick one up tomorrow and give it a shot.

No problem. `I just used a couple to clean all of the seats and aluminum rail of a decent size pontoon boat two weeks ago and it worked awesome for that. `

Post Thanks / Like

No problem. `I just used a couple to clean all of the seats and aluminum rail of a decent size pontoon boat two weeks ago and it worked awesome for that. `

`

I really hope it works. `I`m still kicking myself for getting the over spray on the bike. `In my little mind I figured there was no way the paint was going to travel far enough to get on it. `I was wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lowcel

<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, `lucida grande`, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Any suggestions on getting overspray off of textured paint (frame) and texture plastic? I was able to get it off the shiny parts with a clay bar but I`m not having much luck with the rest of the bike. `I have tried goof off, spray detailer, and a few other goodies. `The only thing I have found that halfway works is fingernail polish remover and I would prefer to not use it.

`

<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, `lucida grande`, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Here is my bike, the one I got over spray on because I`m an idiot.

`

<span style="font-size:14px;">

Finger nail polish remover is acetone with some mineral oil added. You can buy a quart of acetone at any hardware store. Just DO ALLOW IT TO DWELL/SET ON THE FINISH, BE IT PAINTED OR PLASTIC, as it may "melt" it.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham

<strong class=`bbc`>Finger nail polish remover is acetone with some mineral oil added. You can buy a quart of acetone at any hardware store. Just DO ALLOW IT TO DWELL/SET ON THE FINISH, BE IT PAINTED OR PLASTIC, as it may "melt" it.[/b]

Thanks. I just wanted to try the fingernail polish prior to buying the acetone. I figured my wife wouldn`t notice just a little missing.

Post Thanks / Like

`

It isn`t perfect but it works as well or better than anything else I have tried. `I`m going to need to buy a few more to put a bigger dent in the over spray. `Thanks again.

Thread Information