Post Thanks / Like

The CG Jet Seal and V07 arrived in the Fedex truck this morning but could not experiment with it until this evening. `The hood on my S6 was polished with HD Cut and HD Uno then finished off with Poxy a few days ago. `Washed car this morning with CG Citrus & Gloss Wash then de-dusted and de-waterspotted after dinner using CG V07. `Finished up with Jet Seal. `I have never seen such a glossy finish but for a $20000 paint job at Autorama. The hood reflections corrected my corrective bifocals! The rest of the car has layers of Klasse AIO and SG topped with UPP. `The V07 over this lot really brightened things considerably and Jet Seal then just went well over the top. I`m impressed! Way impressed!! What an improvement from 10 years ago. `Pix tomorrow as it was almost full-on dark when I quit for the day.
    Carrying a cat by the tail will teach you a lesson that cannot be learned any other way.
    - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say this, BUT, your Audi S6 (and most European high-end cars) already have a pretty nice factory finish to begin with. The absence of orange peel in the paint from factory production `that is "standard-equipment"` in many` Japanese and American cars makes it much easier to get the "car show" shine/reflection that everyone admires/desires.

`

That said, I think even most car-care enthusiasts (IE, those with` OCD (obsessive-compulsive detailing)) can relate to finding a car-care chemical product and application method that works for them, and hence, your sharing that information with us Autopians is greatly appreciated.

`

`

By the way, what color is your S6? (Looking forward to some pics!!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

GonzoBernelli- Glad you found a combo that works for you!

`

The KSG *does* mute things a little bit, but I wonder how much of the improvement was from the HD polishes.

`

Now to see how the Poxy/CG V07/Jet Seal does with regard to protection!` But I bet you don`t let things go the way I do, so maybe that won`t be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Before forced indoors by today`s storm, polished the passenger side using HD Adapt with LC MF pad followed by HD Polish with LC soft white polishing pad then Jet Seal.

`

Focus on yours truely

`

`

Focus on front of back door - trees still dripping after this afternoon`s thunder storm. `Yellow truck & roof line distorted by OP.

`

Focus on hood "line"

`

Focus point on tree

Carrying a cat by the tail will teach you a lesson that cannot be learned any other way.
    - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, that sure is reflective!

`

On the OP, my S8 has it really bad...so much for their modern robotic painting system!` Never bothered correcting it..

Post Thanks / Like

OK GonzoBerneili (and Accumulator):

After seeing these pictures of the S8, your car "suffers" for the dreaded manufacturing orange peel (OP). I thought it would have a better paint finish than that from Audi.

`

The subject of orange peel removal by wet sanding has been discussed at great lengths (ad nauseam?), but most will agree (concur?) that it`s better left as is than remove the original clear coat needed to correct/remove the orange peel. That said, the new consumer-applied surface coatings now available seem to challenge (debunk?)`that thinking. Is it worth it?? That`s the "great debate" (crux of the matter?) (REALLY Capitan Obvious?` Or should we say Capitan Vocabulary!)

`

You A8 still looks good despite the OP.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- Yeah, I considered my A8/S8 rather pricey for such severe OP,`I`m just leaving it alone.` There are some reasonable arguments about the safety of reducing it (at least to some degree, if not making it glass-flat) and while it did`disappoint me up on delivery, now`it doesn`t bother me after living with it for all these years.`

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve even gone to a high end body shop to look into knocking down the OP to flatness, then shooting 2 additional layers of PPG`s ceramic clear coat. `That is how much I want to have a good looking` car.
    - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

That`s a superb looking finish. Keep us updated on how Poxy holds up.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

GonzoBernelli- I bet you`ve come to this conclusion already, but IMO any respraying will almost certainly open a whole new can-o`-worms that you really don`t want to live with.` Spending the requisite thousands of dollars (consider all the disassembly! and who knows how it`d go back together...) `just wouldn`t end up making things bettter overall.

Post Thanks / Like

GonzoBernelli:

I`ve got to ask the "dumb" question of why you`did not`apply the JetSeal first and let it cure for 24 hours,`and THEN go over it with the V07 spray?

Obviously you`ve gotten the results with the method you used of V07 first and then the JeatSeal.
    GB detailer

Thread Information