Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ozone Generators for Automotive Use

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, cynical ol` me thinks "of course it is..." If it has multiple output levels I`d run it full-blast.
    haha it`s all good, this little unit will pay for itself after one job so i`m not worried about it. If it ever disappoints down the road then it`s not going to bum me out since i got it for cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

You might find you like using it in the house too. I`m not in the "beware of ozone!" camp as it`s never bothered me/Accumulatorette/the dogs and I use mine quite a bit. That "fresh like after a rainstorm" effect.. MIght not want to run it at Max for that though, I use one of the lower settings on mine when freshening in the house.

Post Thanks / Like

You might find you like using it in the house too. I`m not in the "beware of ozone!" camp as it`s never bothered me/Accumulatorette/the dogs and I use mine quite a bit. That "fresh like after a rainstorm" effect.. MIght not want to run it at Max for that though, I use one of the lower settings on mine when freshening in the house.
    Yup will keep that in mind. Thankfully both my dogs are well behaved and only one of them has accidents rarely, plus we keep the carpeted rooms closed so they don`t go in unsupervised. My curious self turned in on and smelled it on purpose and it`s not the smell,but the effect that messed with me haha, it went away fairly quickly in the car though so I was happy about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Migue- Well, having tried it now you know! Some people are/aren`t sensitive to ozone.

Our dogs (who have run of the house) *like* it, they position themselves close to any ozone sources we have running.

Post Thanks / Like

Migue- Well, having tried it now you know! Some people are/aren`t sensitive to ozone.

Our dogs (who have run of the house) *like* it, they position themselves close to any ozone sources we have running.
    Interesting, i bet one of my dogs will do that, get high from it then go back for seconds. He`s done it when my Lady is doing her nails, sniffs the acetone ,starts geeking out and keeps trying to come back for more.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh heh...yeah, they sure can figure out what they like, even if it`s not good for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Rather than start a new thread, I`m going to bump this one.

I picked up a UV and Ozone lamp on Amazon. I wanted it mainly for the UV but this thing pumps enough ozone to make it hard to breathe in a small room in no time. I`d say 15 minutes in a smaller bedroom and it`s way too much. I could see just putting it in some sort of box to avoid UV light damage in a car. Best part $21 shipped.

For reference I`ve been around the cheap $30 generators with some kind of electronic element and fan (worthless) and one of those door to door $400 boxes. This light easily out does them both combined.

Post Thanks / Like

I use ozonated water everywhere. It`s great. Yes, dog has been ozonated. Yes carpet, toilet, even wife and kids.

I have this idea that I leave scents on my fishing rigs when I tie them. I`m going to start trying to ozone my fishing stuff before I cast it out. I know hunters spray themselves with ozonated water to kill their scent. Worth a try right?

I like to douse upholstery with ozone water before shampooing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- Hey, that`s interesting about how much Ozone that thing puts out. Thanks for posting about it.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information