Post Thanks / Like

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">Received my HRE S104s 19x9 front 19x10.5 rear wheels mounted on 255/35R19 and 295/30R19 Michelin PSS.

`

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">Opti-Coat 2.0 was the unanimous choice of Autopian’s for sealing these new satin/gloss combination HRE wheels. Winter here in the great, lol, make that the wretched North East so all work being performed in my basement.

`

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">UPS dropped off four boxes during week. Got to it first thing this AM. 

Pretty clean but with tiny bits of sealant residue from mounting, stickers and glue no scratches, small amounts of dust from cutting of wheels in lug bolt holes.

`

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">

Adhesive and dirt cleans right up with Griot’s Garage Rubber Prep just wipe on and let dry, no rinsing. Preps tires for dressing as well, great product.

`

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">

`

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">Wash all surfaces with ONR to clean and remove dirt, dust, fingerprints, etc.`

`

`

`

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">All cleaned and ready for coating.

`

`

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">Wiped down 2x with IPA 50/50 as final prep for Opti-Coat 2.0. Final OCD inspection with light before sealing, making sure all is well.

`

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">Applied Opti-Coat with Opti Dual Pro Applicator separated the two halves and cut in half. Used the more flexible side worked better on these intricate wheels, the other side was too rigid. Used small foam swabs in very tight spots want to get everything well coated while wheels are off the car (way easier). The backside bolt area was a pain, use too Opti much and you get high spots, too little and you miss a spot.

`

`

`

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">Removed center caps for coating as well.

`

`

Final results:

`

`

`

`

<span style="color:#1a1a1a;"><span style="font-family:`helvetica neue`;"><span style="font-size:14pt;">Love these wheels can’t wait to get them mounted come spring. Opti-Coat added shine to polished gloss lip and maybe added a hint of shimmer/sheen (not sure you can even tell) to satin sections. `

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread! No better way to start off a wheel`s life then a good cleaning and Opti-Coating. This is a service that I`m considering offering to custom wheel shops. It could be a nice upsell for us/them. `
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

Great thread! No better way to start off a wheel`s life then a good cleaning and Opti-Coating. This is a service that I`m considering offering to custom wheel shops. It could be a nice upsell for us/them. `

Great idea, given the cost of a set of custom wheels, buyer can afford upsell and would be crazy not to protect the investment. My back wishes you told me this earlier, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

72offsuit- SOOOO glad it worked out well for you!` I would`ve felt bad had the stuff I suggested been a disappointment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

72offsuit- SOOOO glad it worked out well for you!` I would`ve felt bad had the stuff I suggested been a disappointment.

Never a moment of doubt, thanks for your help.`

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad everything worked out for you! You will love cleaning them when the time comes!
    Xclusive Autoworks Inc.
    Long Island`s Paint Correction Detailing
    Opti-Coat Pro Certified & Cquartz Finest Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Bravo!! Wheels look great, and you did a very proper procedure. Enjoy those bad boys!
    Owner and President
    AutoLavish LLC
    Local to Michigan, Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I wish I was capable of "short cutting" my OCD will have none of it, lol. Actually enjoy the work, find it relaxing, wife thinks (correctly) that I am nuts.

Thread Information