Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my black Buick back from the body shop. They replaced and painted various body parts following a collision. I`ll wait a month or so for the new paint to cure, then I want to polish and seal it for my Cleveland Ohio winter. What light polish would you guys recommend? My go-to sealant is Collinite 845 and 476s.

Post Thanks / Like

The new paint will probably be a bit soft for a while, so do the "least aggressive first" thing.` I`d probably use HD Polish.

`

While opinions on the subject do vary, I like to let fresh repaints cure for quite a while.` I generally use Meguiar`s New Car Glaze M05 i the meantime, but if I need/want real protection I use Optimum Car Wax, which is OKed for postproduction paintwork by Ford and others.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you`ll be safe polishing this finish with any compounds and polishes you`d like. If a body shop can sand and buff a car a day after the refinish process, you can too. Just take it easy and you should be fine. I also like HD Polish, but then again, I`m biased!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it advisable for me to allow paint cure time before applying Megs New Car Glaze, or Optimum Car Wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill57

Is it advisable for me to allow paint cure time before applying Megs New Car Glaze, or Optimum Car Wax?

Definitely not on the M05 New Car Glaze, it was made just for fresh/uncured paint (it dates from way back in the day before new cars were baked).` The OCW is supposedly OK and while I did key in that "supposedly" I have no reason to doubt it.` If it were mine I`d probably use the M05 (or 3M Imperial Hand Glaze) until the snow flies and then apply the OCW, but that`s just me and if somebody says that`s a silly approach I won`t argue.

Thread Information