Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I have for years used hose end sprayers that allow you to change the pattern of the spray. `Usually they have 5-7 different spray patterns and they are very useful, from hosing off the car to start, to spraying off wheels and not soaking myself, to sheeting water, to jetting my bucket to create suds. `Anyways, I seem to go through these sprayers quite quickly, I just cannot find one that lasts, I`ve bought the best I can find at local chain stores to a few from Griots, and they all seem to suck. `The nozzles will clog up, they`ll start leaking, and today the one I bought literally a few weeks ago busted as I was dialing in my pattern (as in the pattern selector shot out of the front and the dial on the back shot out the other side.... I just can`t seem to win. `If I found a good sprayer, I would almost pay any price at this point because I`m sick and tired of them breaking on me. `

`

What else is out there? `I`ve gleaned the obvious sites and just can`t find anything I would see as good. `Any recommendations that others can make? `I can`t be the only one dealing with crappy hose end sprayers.

`

`

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t offer any suggestions for brands but a brass shutoff valve between the hose and your sprayer of choice makes the process a little handier.` The brass valve allows you to control the volume of water so gentle streams for wheels and` you can fine tune your sheeting stream.

Post Thanks / Like

<span style="color:#008080;">This is what I`ve been using on my hoses for the past 15 yrs or so:

`

`

`

<span style="color:#008080;">They work great.` I get a few years out of them.` Cost is less than $10 for these parts.`` Any thing from a fine mist/spray to a perfect laminar flow for sheeting.

`

<span style="color:#008080;">Welcome aboard, Wheels !!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t really want to monkey with ball valves, I want to be able to control the pattern at the nozzle. I just don`t think anyone makes a quality nozzle anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you looking for something like this?

http://www.rapidreel.com/product/pis...ay-nozzle-set/

Post Thanks / Like

I finally stopped buying cheap hoses that kinked, that wore through where they drug across the concrete or asphalt and went to a bit more expensive, but last for years, without the kinks, etc. Commerical grade hose, like contractors use.

For a nozzle that really works, went with a "fire hose" nozzle, one that is mainly made of brass. I do suggest that once a month you spray a little WD-40 into the mechanism.

Best money I ever spent for a hose and nozzle.

I also use "brass" quick couplers, so I can easily detach the nozzle and hook on to my pressure washer.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using nozzles such the griots with the link here.

`

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...ortby=ourPicks

`

The issues I`ve had are the trigger mechanisms start sticking, or if the nozzle has the type that pulls a plunger back to open up the water supply, those start leaking out the back as well. `What I love about the griots is the change spray patter on the fly, makes things so much easier.

`

I`m investigating the rinseless stuff from optimum, but my concern there is I`ve yet to see someone wash a car with bug guts splattered all over, or road tar. `The rinseless stuff seems for the most part for light soil, or if heavy soil, nothing with chunks in it (i.e. bugs, mud, etc).

`

Why can`t someone just make a nozzle that doesn`t break after a year and 30 uses.....

`

Still on the hunt, if anyone else has links let me see them!

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, while I have a scad of hose nozzles (the pricey "firehose" type from Griot`s included, must have four or five of those things), 99% of the time I wash witha plastic disconnect on the end of the hose..the plastic kind that look sorta like a mushroom.` By adjusting its shutoff valve I can vary the spray pattern enough for what I`m doing, and it`s small enough to fit easily into wheelwells and for use when doing the undercarriage.` That`s right, my`numerous hose nozzles have been relegated to household duty, virtually never used for detailing work, though I do use a Sears one on my CRS unit.

`

The two models of nozzle I have from Griot`s have held up fine, neither type ever had any issues (PN 92548 & their "regular" pistol-grip one that I can`t find in their catalog).` I used those for years before giving up on nozzles in general, and the firehose ones can take a *LOT* of abuse with no problems.

`

Random thoughts:

`

- spraying water on the car does little to blast off bugs/etc. unless you`re using a pressure washer

- shutoff valves are handy in that you can easily manipulate them with one finger/your thumb while holding the hose in a comfortable, and easily aimed,`manner

- using a stream of water to create suds in a wash bucket is IMO basically counterproductive, I try to mix my washbucket`s shampoo mix with a minimum of sudsing

Post Thanks / Like

Fireman Nozzles are well liked, I`d give priority to good shut off valves though.

Post Thanks / Like

Been using this nozzle for nearly 20 years and it`s never failed---it`s safe around your paint since it`s rubber---when you bend the nozzle fully you get a strong stream of water--bend it less and you get a soft flow for flooding--let go and the water shuts off---`no need for a shut off`valve--`but it wasn`t $35 when I bought mine`` http://www.enasco.com/product/C08849N

`

"If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I use ... wash a couple hundred cars a year ... lasts about 4 years .. and when I shut it off I just drop it .. also is nice because it shuts off twisted in either direction and the rubber is car finish safe .. $20 https://www.google.ca/search?q=ultim...w=1185&bih=541 Made by Bon-Aire.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like

pwaug- While I don`t use it for regular washing, that "bend to flow" nozzle is a *very* handy thing to have around and IMO belongs in every garage.` I use mine primarily`for "wheels/tires-only" washing and for`filling the steamer.

`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvaBimma

Fireman Nozzles are well liked, I`d give priority to good shut off valves though.

`IMO the shutoffs are a good idea (for several reasons) no matter what nozzle you use.` EVERY hose I have is equipped with quick-disconnects and a shutoff valve.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I think I found something in line with what I`m looking for.

`

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...W028221380001P

`

My main reason I had issues with sprayers is the triggers started leaking, so with this mechanism of how it turns on and off I think this one might be a long(er) term solution, we`ll see though.

Post Thanks / Like

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:`helvetica neue`, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">What else is out there?`

Post Thanks / Like

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:`helvetica neue`, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Are you looking for something like this?`

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information