Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have used nothing but Zaino for I`m going to say almost 8 years now. I used it on my red LS1 Trans Am and it gave me fantastic results, although time consuming. So when I bought a new car earlier this year, a white `08 Saturn Sky Redline, I used the same Zaino process I`ve been using recently: Z-AIO, Z-5 (2x), Z-2. The car is always garaged, never sees rain, and is washed in the garage also. Well I was examining the paint recently and I noticed waterspots all over the paint, which was polished just in February when I first got it..I had to go back over it with M205 in order to get the spots removed.

Anyone have this issue with Zaino? In talking to a few people that have also used Zaino in the past, they said it seemed Zaino was more prone to etching than other products also. I`ve noticed it in the past with my T/A (currently the T/A just has Meguirs on it) too but I was too busy to worry about it.

I`m looking for a simpler process anyways, so is there a better product out there that could replace Zaino that would provide durability and good looks on both a red and white car? I`ve been searching and it seems FK1000 seems have pretty good reviews..can I use it right after polishing with M105/M205 or do I need to top it over anything? (I`m use to topping Z-5/Z-2 over Z-AIO so I`m use to layering a bunch of stuff) Are there any other products other than FK1000 I should look at?

So once again I`m looking for something which is simple to apply and remove, good durability (my T/A sits at the airport for a week at the time, it gets nasty pretty quick), and of course something that looks good too.

Thanks!
    1998 Trans Am convertible

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you looked at coatings? Durability 1.5-2+ years. No etching/water spots that I have heard or read about. And a good amount of product to choose from compared to a few years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    fk1000p and bfwd come to mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry you mentioned fk1000p. i also like meg`s mirror glaze 16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Common issue with Z2 or Z5. If you search the forum for Zaino+etch you`ll see quite a few threads. FK1000P will definitely work, but you`ll need to top with Z6 to get that Zaino look. Megs Ultimate Wax is a better alternative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blucpe
    ... you mentioned fk1000p. i also like meg`s mirror glaze 16.

My vote is for the FK1000P. You can use it either by itself or over another synthetic (works very well over ZAIO). No need to top it unless you simply can`t stand the looks, and in that case I`d still recommend that you just live with that and keep using it (by itself).

I have/use/like M16 (what I use on my wife`s A8) but IME it doesn`t provide *NEARLY* the etching protection of FK1000P, not even close as I had sprinkler water etch the A8 up something awful (as in, too bad to fully correct) right through a fresh application of M16 whereas *NOTHING* has ever gotten through FK1000P for me.

As you can probably tell, I`m a *huge* fan of FK1000P, simply love the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Common issue with Z2 or Z5. If you search the forum for Zaino+etch you`ll see quite a few threads. FK1000P will definitely work, but you`ll need to top with Z6 to get that Zaino look. Megs Ultimate Wax is a better alternative.

you know what I will suggest!! ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    My vote is for the FK1000P. You can use it either by itself or over another synthetic (works very well over ZAIO). No need to top it unless you simply can`t stand the looks, and in that case I`d still recommend that you just live with that and keep using it (by itself).

I have/use/like M16 (what I use on my wife`s A8) but IME it doesn`t provide *NEARLY* the etching protection of FK1000P, not even close as I had sprinkler water etch the A8 up something awful (as in, too bad to fully correct) right through a fresh application of M16 whereas *NOTHING* has ever gotten through FK1000P for me.

As you can probably tell, I`m a *huge* fan of FK1000P, simply love the stuff.

Yeah, the FK1000 is certainly a great product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Optimum Opti-Seal, been my go to sealant for quite a while new. The most recent version was released early last year, good gloss and wetness and the protection is excellent. Can`t beat the application process...just wipe on, clears out on its own. If you prefer to use a wax, Collinite 476 is excellent. Very warm look, and its pretty much bulletproof.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I like Optimum Opti-Seal, been my go to sealant for quite a while new. The most recent version was released early last year, good gloss and wetness and the protection is excellent. Can`t beat the application process...just wipe on, clears out on its own. If you prefer to use a wax, Collinite 476 is excellent. Very warm look, and its pretty much bulletproof.

I`ve used 915 for quite a while now and for a "beauty wax" I will say it was pretty durable as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    If you prefer to use a wax, Collinite 476 is excellent. Very warm look, and its pretty much bulletproof.

Some have reported ONR interfering with the Collinite 476--have you experienced this as I know you use ONR regularly????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    Some have reported ONR interfering with the Collinite 476--have you experienced this as I know you use ONR regularly????

I`m certain that Scottwax is using the newer, Collinite-friendly version of ONR. IIRC, he never did have the same issues that I did, but again, it might all be a matter of which ONR you try on the Collinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies guys! I was thinking about going with FK1000p before starting this thread, but I think I`m going to go ahead and order it. Can`t wait to get back in the States and try it out!
    1998 Trans Am convertible

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss 105! I just couldn`t hold it in anymore :-) I also like powerlock a lot. It seems to hold up very well... even when people strip it from their finish it tends to hold on pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug

No, not at all. Both played nice with each other.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information