Post Thanks / Like
    I had applied a area with painters tape --- as I was having the windshield replaced.

Removed it there was some residue. UWWP + and MF will not remove the residue.

If I use 3M Adhesive Remover, will I need to wash the car afterwards.

OR can I use it, and just QD the area back...

Post Thanks / Like

Do a wash of the areas that have the 3M product on it before moving on. Due to some of the solvent ingrediants.

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    thx RK. I might just do it with Goo Gone...which may be more gentler on the LSP and do a rinse afterwards as well.

It was a hot summer day on a hot panel. I wasn`t expecting residue off the low tack painters tape..

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Solvent-based adhesive removers contain one or more of the following - Naphtha, Xylene, Ethyl benzene, Toluene and Benzene, although most solvents evaporate this type of product should not be allowed to dry on a paint surface, reactivity (acceleration of a chemical reaction [reagents - moisture and heat] will cause chemicals to become more aggressive. The safest form of action is to thoroughly rinse the surface with clean water

Paint `Safe` alternatives-

MARINE-CLEAN™ (pH 8.5) it’s water-based, not solvent-based that cleans and degreases in one application without leaving residues, noxious fumes or flammable solvents.

ValuGuard "N" New Car Prep - is a paint safe solvent that is used for the removal of tar, grease, adhesive, bugs, crayon and stubborn stains on paint and upholstery. Contains no harmful Xylene, Benzene or Toluene, for the removal of bugs, tar, grease, adhesive, crayon, upholstery stains and tree sap, aged Rap Gard and its adhesive residue, from painted surfaces

Wurth Citrus Degreaser - a multi-purpose, citrus base, concentrated degreaser that emulsifies grease and oil without harsh acids or alkalis. The unique, 100% biodegradable formula out performs hazardous solvent degreasers. One of the best products to remove built up grim from engines, wheel wells and undercarriages. Dilute with water to the desired strength for a particular job.
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Solvent-based adhesive removers contain one or more of the following - Naphtha, Xylene, Ethyl benzene, Toluene and Benzene, although most solvents evaporate this type of product should not be allowed to dry on a paint surface, reactivity (acceleration of a chemical reaction [reagents - moisture and heat] will cause chemicals to become more aggressive. The safest form of action is to thoroughly rinse the surface with clean water

Paint `Safe` alternatives-

MARINE-CLEAN™ it’s water-based, not solvent-based that cleans and degreases in one application without leaving residues, noxious fumes or flammable solvents.

ValuGuard "N" New Car Prep - is a paint safe solvent that is used for the removal of tar, grease, adhesive, bugs, crayon and stubborn stains on paint and upholstery. Does not contain Xylene, Benzene or Toluene, use for the removal of bugs, tar, grease, adhesive, crayon, upholstery stains and tree sap, aged Rap Gard and its adhesive residue, from painted surfaces

Wurth Citrus Degreaser - a multi-purpose, citrus base, concentrated degreaser that emulsifies grease and oil without harsh acids or alkalis. The unique, 100% biodegradable formula out performs hazardous solvent degreasers. One of the best products to remove built up grim from engines, wheel wells and undercarriages. Dilute with water to the desired strength for a particular job.
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Thread Information