The paint on this `90 ZR1 was just trashed by the dealership it sat at for years. The new owner is incredibly excited about the car, but he thought the paint looked horrible BEFORE I stripped the glaze that the dealership put on it. Now the whole car looked like the left side of this before/after shot I grabbed.

This paint is incredibly weird. A microfiber pad makes it even foggier no matter what speed or polish I use.

I use a white LC hydro pad with m105, D300, or m205 at any speed above 3.5 on my Griot`s v3 DA, and it looks like the paint is incredibly oxidized when I wipe the residue away.

Then I slow it way down to around 2 and move the pad quickly, and it clears up as you see in the photo. It doesn`t matter which of those polishes I use, it`s the white polishing pad at speed 2 that is the only combo that lets me wipe the residue away to a clear finish below.

So that`s great, found something that works - BUT...

I`ve tried Klasse AIO and Meguiar`s high tech #26 as LSP`s - both have the same effect: immediately fogging up the paint again. It`s like I can`t even wipe them off, they just instantly bond with the paint in super-foggy mode.

I`m a bit concerned - what`s the point in spending 30 hours getting the paint looking perfect if I can`t put anything on it to protect it??

Any experiences you can share would be amazingly helpful and appreciated!