Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    how do i clean teh water spots off teh windows. shoudl i just clean it and then use a prewax cleaner on it? i hav ethe meguires step 1 cleaner? or shoudl i clay it and then use a 50/50 water/vinegar mix and wipe it down? whats the best way to do this? how do i get my windows to look smooth and clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    an application of DC1 should work. If your waterspots are particularly bad though, they may have etched the glass. This would require polishing to remove
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    dc1 is a prewax? i`m still a newbie. woudl vinniger/water work also? or shoudl i first run prewax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinager and water doesn`t work, don`t bother. Have to use a window spot remover product, it has pumise (sp) in it.
    :bump Take your time and do the job right the first time

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinegar does work, unless the spots are etched it. Vinegar is slow though and has worked best for me if I have a towel that is soaked in in sitting on the glass for a bit. If they`ve etched themselves into the glass then a good pumice style polish (I have the Blitz glass polish) will usually have little trouble taking them out.

I`ve also used Klasse AIO on a white pad and that worked quite well. I assume DC1 would be a similiar type of treatment.

- Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    What is DC1? I have some really bad water spots on my windows and have tried everything to get them off.

Post Thanks / Like
    i tried using my prewax cleaner on my widnow in a small area and it seemed to take most of it out, if i had done another pass, i`m sure it woudl have been removed. is it safe to just use a prewax cleaner? and shoudl i clay before?

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently encountered a similar issue on my `07 Camry`s windows, front and rear window. These spots and streaks wouldn`t go away after a thorough washing. So I tried Eagle One 20/20 glass cleaner, then I used Meg`s Cleaner Wax and I thoroughly worked it in, and finally I used the 20/20 twice to remove as much residue as possible. My windshield and rear window are much cleaner now compared to when I first bought the car. When I bought the car there was some sort of residue on the window the I couldn`t get off, you can see it when there`s a light mist on the window. Now it`s all gone and my wipers suffer no ill affects from waxing my windshield.

SpinDoctor :getdown
    Live Free or Die!

:usa

2007 Toyota Camry LE- Magnetic Grey Metallic

:getdown :woohoo: :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangleS_8686
    What is DC1? I have some really bad water spots on my windows and have tried everything to get them off.

I have terrible water spots etched in my glass aswell. its everwhere on the windows except where the wipers move. I have tried everything with no luck. i never tried blitz polish however, i am afraid to use anything abrasive on glass. Did you try anything yet? Any luck?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new and took the advice of some of the members here and went and bought a bottle of spotx. It is available at Home Depot. I had to work it a while on my windshield but I could see it start working after it got thru the wax buildup on my windshield. My windshield is now water spot free. Thanks Autopia!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used super fine steel wool (#0000) with good success. Never induced any scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing works better than steel wool with a little bit of wheel acid on it. Scrub, and let sit for 10 seconds and rinse.

Post Thanks / Like
    what OTC cleaners can i get to fix my windows? and where coudl i pick them up at.

Post Thanks / Like
    such as the blitz, where can i get that?

Post Thanks / Like
    TTT?!?!? anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information