Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all!

I`ve got a bit of a problem with my windshield. It could be looking ALOT better...

I`ve already polished it with m105 and it did improve a bit.. But it still isn`t up to par. When it rains, you can still see what seems to be the etched water spots in the glass.. I have no idea what else to do? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solekeeper
    Hello all!

I`ve got a bit of a problem with my windshield. It could be looking ALOT better...

I`ve already polished it with m105 and it did improve a bit.. But it still isn`t up to par. When it rains, you can still see what seems to be the etched water spots in the glass.. I have no idea what else to do? Any suggestions?

Autoglyms Glass polish seems to gussy up my windshield pretty good. I just wash it, hit it with Stoners and then polish it up with a black pad using the polish.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glass Polishing Pad

Groit’s Garage synthetic 6-inch glass polishing pads for use with a random orbital polisher Use these pads along with a glass polish to remove etched water marks and other tenacious surface residue. Once thoroughly cleaned they can be re- used

Alternative - Lake County - GPS PRO Glass Polishing System

Glass Polishing

Use caution when polishing glass, especially with polishes that contain abrasives like cerium oxide (belonging to the group of elements known as rare earth) use optical grade only on auto glass and observe all necessary safety precautions (see also personal protection equipment (PPE) with regard to the dust produced. They also have the potential to damage glass by removing layers; compromising its optical clarity, strength and rigidity, necessitating replacement An airbag relies on the glass windshield as it ‘backing plate’ (i.e. it supports the inflated bag and gives it the necessary rigidity, as it is unable to arrest forward motion without some kind of strong support) so don’t do anything that would compromise it.

Once the glass surface has been washed and cleaned (detailers clay) any minor imperfections can be removed with an abrasive glass polish (Autoglym Car Class Polish or Zaino Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish) Removes "light" scratches, acid water spots, bird and bug stains, including alkaline mineral deposits, and then smoothes out etched glass

TOGWT Autopia Detailing Wiki - “Polishing Glass” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ml#post1464140

These Detailing Wiki informational resources contain everything you’ll ever want to know about automotive detailing and are an invaluable addition to your detailing knowledge base.
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow thank you both!!^ Much reading to be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also do a "thumbs-up" for the AG glass polish. I`ve had great luck with it on a couple of cars. (It`s amazing how dirty the windshield of a car can get over the years...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Try our Nanolex Glass polish, it has nano particles for a great scrub, follow with Glass cleaner and then seal the glass.

Always worked great for us.

Also used on shower doors to remove similar water spots in worse condition then a windshield.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Of paint polish doesn`t solve the issue (as you noted) grab some CarPro Ceriglass and the 5" and/or 3" glass pads.

About halfway down this page:

http://www.carpro-us.com/glass/

Thread Information