Post Thanks / Like
    First off I will say I am a complete amateur to car Detailing. I`m only 25 and I just got my first real vehicle. I just bought a 2013 Kia Rio on Jan 18th so it is very new. My only experience with car detailing before this was occasional car cleaning and waxing with probably the cheapest products my parents bought .

I live in Sudbury Ontario Canada. We have a very variable temperature from -50C to +40 C. Road salt is a killer up here so I want to maintain my investment. This is what made me choose to go with Sealant since there is longer protection. I have bought a Meguiars Clay bar kit , The BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal Paint Sealant , and BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray , Optimum Car Wash , and the other usual things like application pad , a Wheel well brush, a microfiber wash mitt , microfiber towels .

I have looked through videos and the forum for a week before choosing these specific products. I have chosen to not buy a polish because I haven`t washed or wiped the vehicle in any way yet so there shouldn`t be too many small scratches. I will eventually buy polish in a year when I feel the paint requires it.

Optimum Car Wash

I bought this product because from reading many reviews people said it was a great product that shouldn`t remove your paint sealant.

Meguiars Clay bar kit

I bought this product because it seems that many first timers used this as a first product and its one of two clay kits sold at Canadian tires locally lol. After reading so many threads I realize that claying is a crucial part of decontamination that will help with keeping a solid bond for sealants.

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal Paint Sealant

I bought this product after considering SO MANY other sealants. I have a dark vehicle and people have said time and time again that the ease of application and look on dark vehicles is just amazing.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray

I bought this product because if I was going to put synthetic polymer sealants on my car I might as well have the same chemistry in my detailer. So I will use this polymer spray as my booster to the crystal seal and the detailer after a wash or rinse down. Also many enthusiasts have stated how much more they feel the boosters work if they are used on the same brand of products as the sealant.

I will post pictures to the thread with my experiences and results. Also I will give a non biased opinion on these products as a first timer who has no favoritism to other products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recommend Diamond All Finish Paint Protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys
    I recommend Diamond All Finish Paint Protection.

Thanks. I do understand that its possible that the older liquid Blackfire wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection does last longer. I did a lot of research and found no comparative evidence someone has actually proven the older liquid form has longer protection.

I already bought the crystal seal so from all of the hype from enthusiasts i`m sure I will be happy with a great product that is supposedly one of the easiest possible sealants to apply.

Thread Information