Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve started using ONR. It really does well for me, especially since I live in a condo where water is restricted.

I`ve been using a microfiber wash mit, but I`ve seen where lots are using a grout sponge.

Which is best, and why? If you read my introduction, you know I`m a complete novice ...I`ve had to unlearn everything my dad taught me, so be easy with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used them all, but only use a 16x24" plush mf towel these days. Folded, it works very well. Dry with WW drying towel..done!
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beatcop49
    I`ve started using ONR. It really does well for me, especially since I live in a condo where water is restricted.

I`ve been using a microfiber wash mit, but I`ve seen where lots are using a grout sponge.

Which is best, and why? If you read my introduction, you know I`m a complete novice ...I`ve had to unlearn everything my dad taught me, so be easy with me.

i alternate using both the sheepskin mitt and grout sponge, but grab the grout sponge more often. it comes down to personal preference and as long as you don`t induce any marring/swirls with whatever wash media you are using, then that`s all that matters...

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer sheepskin because it gets into all the cracks and gaps. Otherwise I`d be happy with a grout sponge because they are much lower maintenance and more durable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I prefer sheepskin because it gets into all the cracks and gaps. Otherwise I`d be happy with a grout sponge because they are much lower maintenance and more durable.

Which brand grout sponge and who sells it? Thnx

Post Thanks / Like
    Strictly sheepskin for me but if the results are no marring, whatever works for you.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan

Lay your grout sponge on a flat surface and using a razor blade cut a diamond pattern into it about half way through and about half inch diamonds. It makes the sponge much softer and lets it get around the edges and into gaps better.

In my experience, grout sponges rinse cleaner and work better. I have two for above the belt and one for below all the time. As my above the belt sponges get worn out, which takes a long, long time, I make one of my top sponges the lower sponge and cut myself a replacement.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    For ONR go with microfiber towels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG
    For ONR go with microfiber towels

I agree with the microfiber towel suggestion. I also suggest trying the Gary Dean method for rinseless wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyteWizard
    Lay your grout sponge on a flat surface and using a razor blade cut a diamond pattern into it about half way through and about half inch diamonds. It makes the sponge much softer and lets it get around the edges and into gaps better.

In my experience, grout sponges rinse cleaner and work better. I have two for above the belt and one for below all the time. As my above the belt sponges get worn out, which takes a long, long time, I make one of my top sponges the lower sponge and cut myself a replacement.

Robert

Thanks Robert, I`ll give that a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Multiple Mitt Rinseless Wash Method.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WCD
    I have used them all, but only use a 16x24" plush mf towel these days. Folded, it works very well. Dry with WW drying towel..done!

Same here. 2-3 towels per car, clean side for each panel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody is remembering that beatcop49 is ONRing, right? OK...just checking.

beatcop49- You might oughta do a little research on the Garry Dean Wash Method. Even though he`s using a slightly different product (his Infinite Use Detail Juice) instead of ONR, it`s the same basic idea, and his approach has a *LOT* going for it IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Everybody is remembering that beatcop49 is ONRing, right? OK...just checking.

beatcop49- You might oughta do a little research on the Garry Dean Wash Method. Even though he`s using a slightly different product (his Infinite Use Detail Juice) instead of ONR, it`s the same basic idea, and his approach has a *LOT* going for it IMO.

I see the logic in it. It negates the need for 2 buckets and grit guards....of which I just purchased.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a GS myself... I also have a cheap mitt that doesn`t marr, but I found it a few years ago and I just wash it when I wash my towels, I only use it for cars with a lot of stuff stuck to them, as the GS is so easy on the finish it doesn`t quite remove it the way I would like. If I take my foam gun and presoak any problem areas I can use the GS, but sometimes I just have a hose and 2 buckets. Then again, I sometimes only use one for the simple fact that I spray my sponge out throughly after I wash each section anyway... I prefer to use the second bucket and the sponge rinse though.

Thread Information