Post Thanks / Like
    This is an `76 Porsche, and the door skin on driver and passenger side are splotchy. I have tried 303 and the Gummi Pflege by Einzett with no effect. The doors where you would rest your arm is okay, its just the door skins that are resistant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please explain in greater depth.

Door Skin......? Do you mean the interior trim panel I take it?

Have you tried completely stripping the surface of any dirt/protectants? There could be something on the surface creating this effect? I would do concentrate scrubbing of th entire panel with leathe safe product. Once done, try wet wiping multiple times with plain water and a micro fiber towel. Let it dry and see how it looks.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

Have you tried completely stripping the surface of any dirt/protectants? There could be something on the surface creating this effect? I would do concentrate scrubbing of th entire panel with leathe safe product. Once done, try wet wiping multiple times with plain water and a micro fiber towel. Let it dry and see how it looks.

You are correct, the interior trim panel. What product would you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

Sounds like a combination of body oils, UV, ozone exposure, normal wear of the vinyl and such.

After all, the door panels are older than most, other than me, time takes it`s toll on such.

There is very few fixes, that last, short term is to dye them, long term is replace the vinyl, right?

It is a matter of age, especially if the vehicle was not kept in a sealed enviorment, etc.

Anything else is just a day or maybe a week of putting on some "super duper, I read it is great dressing", so "I made it look good, now it doesn`t look good, what do I do?" concern.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    If I knew that my only other alternative would be to dye it or replace them, then making them look good for just a day, I`ll take.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen
    You are correct, the interior trim panel. What product would you recommend?

I really like HD TOTAL. This vehicle`s trim was covered in a thick oily dressing residue that after removal made the panel look very clean & natural:

Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information