Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to say that I tried this combo out last week (after seeing it on a write-up somewhere) for cleaning some light tan protected leather and loved it. The leather was fairly grimey and noticeably darker in many areas. I used Griot`s interior cleaner (claims leather safe), sprayed the area with a few sprays, smeared the cleaner around with the brush and then turned on the DA at speed 4. Work it a bit and wipe with a MF. Smearing it before turning it on reduces drips and slinging. Super fast way to clean leather and it really cleans deep into the leather surface too. I kept at a higher speed so I could tilt the machine and get into creases.

This method is much better than just MF wipe and faster. The brushes should cost about $20 and I would recommend getting a softer one. Mine is gray colores and has feathered bristles.

Post Thanks / Like
    After seeing Phil work his magic on this thread: http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...-cleaning.html

It is on my list of things to get/try/use. My one client offered me his mini-GG a few months ago to have and I turned him down. I think I`m going to be revisiting his offer that next time I detail his cars.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh, so the high speed doesn`t result in misty splatter everywhere?

I haven`t touched my electric GG 3" for ages, but...oh [snap] I just remembered that mine`s the older one that won`t take regular PC-stud plates/brushes

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Griot`s 3- inch (speed # 4-5) an Interior Brush for Orbital Polisher (Porter Cable 7424, Griot`s Random Orbital Polishers (3 inch and 6 inch) as well as the Cyclo)

The brush has a connector which screws directly into listed orbital polishers. Use with 1z einszett Vinyl Deep Cleaner (Plastik Reiniger) or Leather Masterâ„¢ Strong Cleaner, using very little applied pressure

What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    TOGWT- That "industry standard" mount is *almost* enough to make me get the newer GG 3"...almost Handy little thing for jobs like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator- the high speed had some splatter but not enough that I had any problems wiping off once done cleaning the section I was working on. To reduce the splatter I didnt let the cleaner pool anywhere on the surface. I sprayted the section, then spread the cleaner with the brush and machine off. Then sprayed the brush once and started working. Worked great. Also, cupping your hand around half of the spinning brush reduces splatter too. Work a small 12"x12" section at a time and wipe with MF frequently and the results are as fast as and much better than I can do with just MF and cleaner wipings.

David- that`s the thread I got the idea from. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    dfoxengr- OK, copy that. Eh...wish I had their newer one, but hey, it was a gift.

Post Thanks / Like
    To attach these brushes to your Porter Cable, Meguiar’s G110 and Griot’s Polisher (5/16-inch, 24 UNF), remove the backing plate using the wrenches included with the machines. Screw a brush into the machine via the 5/16-inch threaded post and tighten thoroughly. The brushes have the same thread width as the backing plate.

When you are finished using the brushes, unscrew them and rinse them out. Allow the brushes to air dry.

• Grey Ultra Soft Upholstery Brush: This brush is designed for your most delicate carpet and upholstery (including leather).
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like

Been doing that for years with my PC using Cyclo carpet brushes.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Porter-Cable Brushes

All have a 5/16", 24 thread shaft / spindle diameter. To attach these brushes to your Porter Cable 7424 or Griot`s Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher, remove the backing plate using the wrench included with the machines. Screw the brushes into the 5/16- inch spindle and tighten thoroughly. The brushes are threaded just like the backing plate. et your Random Orbital Polisher do the scrubbing for you

• Grey Ultra Soft Upholstery Brush - this brush is designed for delicate carpet and upholstery, including leather. Each bristle is split in to multiple fine tips

• Aqua Soft Carpet Brush: This brush is phenomenal on carpet scrubbing. It has medium crimped bristles for gentle by thorough cleaning, making it suitable for a variety of jobs. It loosens and removes spots and stains from most types of carpet.

• White Standard Carpet Brush: This brush is meant for jobs involving rigorous scrubbing. Particularly dense rugs and shag carpets are ideal. The bristles are stiff enough to remove old stains and they will hold up better than the Aqua Soft Carpet Brush on heavy-duty carpet

• Black Stiff Scrub Brush: The black brush has very stiff bristles and is meant for the intense scrubbing of hard surfaces. Use it on tile, grout, stone floors, truck bed liners and tyres

Griot`s Garage Yellow Scrubbing Pad

(3 or 6 -inch ) used to clean leather, fabric, carpet, convertible tops, and tile. The porous foam is safe on any unpainted surface. Use your favorite cleaner to release stains and sticky contaminants quickly and easily. It has a hook and loop fasteners that hold the pad firmly on a dual action backing plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    Griot`s Garage Yellow Scrubbing Pad...

Those aren`t bad IMO, but they`re not brushes either and there is a (functional) diff, again IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Those aren`t bad IMO, but they`re not brushes either and there is a (functional) diff, again IMO.

The Groit`s foam is very hard, so it would not be my first choice for leather as I`d prefer a softer brush to reach into the grain and stitching

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    The Groit`s foam is very hard, so it would not be my first choice for leather as I`d prefer a softer brush to reach into the grain and stitching

Yeah, I`m all about brushes and (suitably soft) toweling for use on leather. The Griot`s foam seemed OK on interior plastics once it was saturated with cleaning solution...not that I was using it on one of the "good cars".

Heh heh, when I saw that they recommend it for use on tires I kinda figured I oughta be a bit careful

Thread Information