Post Thanks / Like
    I had a girl throw up on my carpet liner so I had to remove the seat and use my spot bot to clean there using the stock detergent. I was wondering what else I could possibly do clean the carpet more throughly. What sort of products am I looking at? I am thinking about just detailing the whole liner now and removing the driver seat as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think you have many choices, probably could use a stronger machine or if it really stinks, take the whole carpet out and pressure wash it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest something with enzymes to break it down, stuff I use you have to mix it, wet the area good and keep it wet for as long as possible, such as cover it with plastic, you want the bacteria to do it`s work...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d love to hear some suggestions on enzyme products that don`t leave their own smell behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dan,

I found a place in Indy called Advantage Marketing which sells Professional carpet cleaning and restoration products. I`ve been very pleased using their pre-spray products versus an APC to clean carpets with... On the Enzyme product, they carry a product from Vaportek called Bio-C. Shortly after I got this, my son got really sick one night and lets just say I should have gotten rid of his mattress, I decided to extract it as best I could then I used this product and kept reapplying it and let it stay wet for probably 12 hours. The smell was gone and I was able to save his mattress.

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine private labels a special blend of enzymes that I have used a few times with good success. It has a bit of its own smell but that goes away quickly. Enzymes will probably be your best bet but be sure to give it enough time to work.
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoFXN
    What sort of products am I looking at?

No, welcome aboard ! Is the back story worth repeating?

Kids `n` Pets is an enzyme-based cleaner that targets vomit and many other excretions. I see it at Walmart nowadays. I`ve had pretty good luck with it but can`t say I`ve cleaned up any truly heinous deposits. Certainly worth a try. An extractor or ShopVac will be mandatory.

Kids `N` Pets

Post Thanks / Like
    ValuGard Odor Terminator

Post Thanks / Like
    Trade the car in...

Just kidding. I would suggest gutting the car and pressure washing everything.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Jimmy Buffitt, Shine Shop, etc, have used this method with great and easy success.

First mixe 4 oz of the Odor Terminator into a quart of mixed all purpose cleaner, and clean the complete area, getting it throughly wet with the solution.

Follow up by using a wet vac to remove as much of the wet solution as possible, follow that up by "towel blotting" of the cleaned area in order to soak up what more you can.

Then, mist throughly, the area with the Odor Terminator, getting it slightly wet with the OT.

The previous washing has moved some of the product completely down into the carpet and pad.

Re-wetting with the un-diluted Odor Terminator, allows it to follow the dampness down to any vomit/protien source that the bacteria which are creating the vomit odor are feeding on.

In less than an hour (often 1/2 an hour) the odor is competely gone.

The odor causing bacteria have died due to not having a food source.

The product is 100% no-toxic to humans or pets, and the only odor may be a slight clorine odor for a few minutes. (that odor is not from the product, but from the water used to clean the area)

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean it with Natures Miracle. You can get it at a pet store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I`d love to hear some suggestions on enzyme products that don`t leave their own smell behind.

I`ve had good luck with Auto Magic`s Enzme Pre-Spot: Clay Magic detailing car clay and Auto Magic specialty products

Very neutral smell.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

I think you do not need to use any special products you need a hot water tub and remove the carpet from your can. and wash it then use some cloth wasing ditergent on the carpet. if the stinks are on the seat covers then you have to wash them too. and for smell its better to use a airfreshner in the your car. Gud luck.

Post Thanks / Like

�

Odor Eliminator™ is a concentrated bacterial enzyme that is certified Salmonella-Free. It will eliminate odor caused by vomit, spoiled foods, pet odors, smoke, waste in areas such as garbage cans, waste receptacles, locker rooms, carpet, and many other offensive odors. Bacterial action digests materials while the pleasant fragrance immediately neutralizes the odor. Recommended for hospitals, nursing homes, schools, apartments, kitchens, kennels, grease traps, drain lines, down pipes, portable toilets, septic tanks, RV’s, autos, and wet wells.

Every gallon of 3D Odor Eliminator spray contains a concentrated bacterial enzyme that has been certified salmonella-free. These powerful enzymes break apart the bond that causes foul odors so that you will permanently remove smells. It can easily eliminate the stench caused by spoiled food, pet odors, vomit, stale cigarettes, or waste receptacles. Its quick bacterial action digests the different materials that cause unpleasant odors and releases a pleasant fragrance that can instantly neutralize bad car odors. This versatile product is not only recommended for cars but also for nursing homes, hospitals, residential settings, and other areas that require odor control.

I use it and works very well. It leaves a pleasant green-apple fragrance.

Thread Information