Post Thanks / Like
    Hello have a client that is really concerned with the rear window plastic on his car and removing scratches and oxidation. I was thinking M105 and a foam pad by hand. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rear Window (Convertibles)

Most off-the-shelf car wash soap/cleaners over time will damage the stitching on a fabric or vinyl top. It usually starts around the rear window

Clean surfaces using Iz einszett `Plastik-Reiniger` an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner for urethane that removes grime build-up thoroughly and effortlessly, these chemicals restore the original texture, tactile feel and resiliency and optical clarity; use to clean all coloured and clear water-based acrylic and vinyl; this product is biodegradable and formalin-free

Renovo Clear Plastic and Window Polish - every folding of the soft top causes microscopic scratching on soft plastic rear window,` which can be polished out with regular use of `Plastic Window Polish, which cleans restores transparency, removes cloudiness, reduces scratches and staining.

This one step cleaner and polish that will remove or reduce clouding, fine scratches and help restore the transparency to all clear plastic. Shake the bottle well and apply a very small amount to a soft, 100% cotton towel, work into the surface with moderate pressure, until all that remains is a faint haze.

Best results are achieved when the polish is added frequently to the polishing cloth in small quantities. Burnish to a shine with a clean, 100% cotton towel. Some areas may require 2-3 applications. Great for motorcycle helmet visors

“Convertible (Roadster) Top Detailing” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...detailing.html

I hope the information in this article is of some help to you. If you have any further questions please let me know
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the info

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachb157
    Thank you for the info

Glad to be of some help...

Fedback and indeed thanks for info provided is almost never forthcoming. Not that anyone expects thanks but an update on wither the suggestion solved the posters problem(s) or if an alternative solution was successful would be greatly appreciated ( and we could ALL learn from it....
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    This weekend I have a person with the same issue on a Boxter. I`m planning on using Meg`s PlastX on my GG3" polisher because I already have it and it mentions vert windows on the bottle. I will report back on that.

Thread Information