Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old School Autopian Check In !!!

2003 here. Mostly reading and enjoying the info!!
    Thanks
    Bill G

1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

Post Thanks / Like

hi

Post Thanks / Like

I first came along for the ride in July of 2007 after I purchased my 2006 Buick and got bit by the detailing bug. I hung around for awhile but after learning quite a bit, life happened and I drifted away. I just bought a new ride and so with renewed (detailing) energy (and much like a bad habit), I`m back!

Post Thanks / Like

Been awhile since I have posted, joined in 2008 shortly after I purchased my first new car, a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S. This forum has been an absolute WEALTH of information and has helped me learn a little more about the art of detailing. Thanks to everyone that contributes here!

Post Thanks / Like

checking in. have been away for a while. somehow it looks like my post count is way off hmmmmm ?
    just when you think you have your system down pat, you learn something new.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just barely qualify for old school - Join date: Dec 31, 2009

Edit: I remember being part of Autopia much before 2009. I think it was 2006. Hmm..
    Make it Shine Automotive Detailing
    Opti Coat Pro and CQuartz Finest Detailer
    Serving Greater Toronto Area, Mobile & Drop-off Service
    www.makeitshine.ca

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see that people are still falling back onto Autopia!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Joined in 2006. Been a lifelong detailing enthusiast. Started my first thread yesterday in YEARS and got tons of useful advice plus a free product offer. Autopia is such a great community. Since I stopped posting regularly, I have been visiting here from time to time just to remember the good old days. Good to see a lot of old names still posting regularly (Scottwax, Accumulator et al).
    Being p!ssed off is better than being p!ssed on.

Post Thanks / Like

2004 here. I still stop in, now and again. I credit this site for nurturing a hobby that has given me great pleasure for all these years. My problem is I can`t possibly try all the things that sound so exciting, so coming around too much just results in frustration. I only do my own vehicles, so a quart of Polish, or a bottle of sealant can last an eternity. And the skills I developed with rotary and PC continue to provide the results I desire. The best advice I got here was "find something you like and stick with it." So that`s what I`ve done. Meguiars remains my go to polish, so when I finally finished my M83, I bought a quart of M101 and some 205. My biggest change has been moving to BF from Klasse, for my LSP. Still, I enjoy knowing this site is still going strong, and there are this many people who care about detailing as much (or more?!?!) than I do. I don`t come across many of those IRL. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

ManiZ- heh heh, I`m touched that you thought of me in the same breath as Scottwax

ZJ JIM 96- I bet you`ll like those nondiminishing products better than the M83 (or at least I do). And I find it interesting that you went from Klasse to BF, but I can imagine some reasons why. And yeah, finding people with Autopian tendencies IRL is pretty rare!

Post Thanks / Like

Can`t log in under my old moniker but cptzippy checking in.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually started lurking back in 2008, created an account... Went to college, lost that account. Now I`m back with a new account. So much has changed since I`ve been gone!

It`s great to be back, especially now that I have a job and can afford to purchase and try out some products I`ve always wondered about.

Post Thanks / Like

I joined Autopia the later part of 2002 and Detail City --> AutopiaForums in 2003. Been a while in either case.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lurker here, still check back every now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    ManiZ- heh heh, I`m touched that you thought of me in the same breath as Scottwax

ZJ JIM 96- I bet you`ll like those nondiminishing products better than the M83 (or at least I do). And I find it interesting that you went from Klasse to BF, but I can imagine some reasons why. And yeah, finding people with Autopian tendencies IRL is pretty rare!
    Accumulator—I definitely think of you in the same way as Scottwax, when it comes to this board. While his input on another (non-detailing) forum is how I found this place, and his posts here gave me the courage to pick up machine polishing, your posts have always brought a unique critical perspective to discussions here. To this day, I use the multi-step tire dressing procedure you laid out so many years ago. It is one of the things I`ve caught the most flack about, from my girlfriend. Of course, its results are also something I`ve received numerous compliments on, over the years.

You are not kidding about me liking the non-diminishing polishes better. They`ve come along just in time for my aging back and tighter schedule. If only I could justify one of these cool new machines to make things even easier!

As for the switch from Klasse to BF, it coincided with me moving from the white Grand Cherokee that gave rise to my screen name to a new black Grand Cherokee that is considerably larger. The ease of application/removal was enough to sell me. And while haven`t been sued for causing whiplash, yet, I did get an IRL compliment from a fellow Autopian when we met for a swap!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information