Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all- Havent been around much. Seems like things have slowed down the last 3 or so years.

Good to see some of you I recognize

Post Thanks / Like
    I,very been here on and off for a dozen years. I still recall what terry cloth towel arguments

Post Thanks / Like
    I joined in 2005 looking for a solution to the little orange dots all over the side of my dad`s green/white two tone 96 F350 Powerstroke(hence the name 96GreenPSD). After convincing my parents to buy me a clay bar, some Mothers prewax cleaner & carnauba paste I was even more hooked on detailing than ever. A year later I began detailing at a dealership where I continued in various other roles throughout college.

I seem to remember epbiCivc and GSRstilez being a couple of the guys turning out really impressive click N brags. Souveran was the best show wax. #83/80 was a go-to combo. Hi-temp #357 Magnum was a great compound even though it was heavily laden with fillers. There was some kid on here who knew very little about detailing but wanted to skip college and become a pro, against the best advice of everyone here (mainly Scott, Todd and David?), I wonder what happened with him?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been around for several years. I dumped a whole lot of money into supplies and still have cabinets full. I`m not quite as big into it as I was a couple years ago, but definitely keep up very well with my small fleet of vehicles!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sup Old Dawgs?

`

Been a loooooong time for me. `So many different names on the forums since I was into the detailing thing. `And the products have ALL changed. `So many new players that it`s kind of exciting and like starting from scratch. LOL
    Likes David Fermani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

When I signed up this time, I used the pseudonym GonzoBernelli (didn`t know old handle was still available). `I was active member "Gonzo" from August `03 `until July `08. `I`m retired now and have been looking at tools, products and methods to remediate paint issues in my new Audi S6. `Product lines and tools have certainly changed in the intervening years. `Stamina has declined - used to be able to 3-cut and first 2 Klasse layers Ford Lightnings for the local club) in 12-14 hours. `Today I washed, dried, the S6, then 3 stepped right front 1/4 panel & passenger door, sealed them and QD`ed the car in 5 hours and cleaned outside windows. I had to lay in an A/C`ed house under a ceiling fan for an hour, then shower to recover - sheesh!
    Carrying a cat by the tail will teach you a lesson that cannot be learned any other way.
    - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoBernelli

When I signed up this time, I used the pseudonym GonzoBernelli (didn`t know old handle was still available). `I was active member "Gonzo" from August `03 `until July `08. `I`m retired now and have been looking at tools, products and methods to remediate paint issues in my new Audi S6. `Product lines and tools have certainly changed in the intervening years. `Stamina has declined - used to be able to 3-cut and first 2 Klasse layers Ford Lightnings for the local club) in 12-14 hours. `Today I washed, dried, the S6, then 3 stepped right front 1/4 panel & passenger door, sealed them and QD`ed the car in 5 hours and cleaned outside windows. I had to lay in an A/C`ed house under a ceiling fan for an hour, then shower to recover - sheesh!

I understand that! `I started detailing for people again recently, instead of just our own cars, and I`ve told people I`m not doing interiors anymore. `I enjoy making the paint come back to life but usually cuss the entire time I`m in someone`s filthy interior that`s been treated like restaurant whore house for several years without ever seeing a vac. `

Post Thanks / Like

April of 2004.

Post Thanks / Like
    2002 here. I was just 19 years old. This forum got me started on REALLY taking care of my car. Still frequent the board. I feel it`s a lot more unbiased than others. Thanks for the memories

Post Thanks / Like

August 2007. `I don`t visit often, but regularly apply what I`ve learned here to our vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

So great to know that all you old schoolers are still coming on Autopia!`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all. Ive been on for about 5 years i was 15 and started detailing professionally. This forum gave me so much knowledge and also reassurance that i wasnt insane at times. I would not be where i am today without autopia
    Originaly Posted by: camaro5ryan

CG customer service sucks... Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

March 2006

`

Not a big poster - mostly a reader, thanks to some a lot of the folks on here that are so experienced & willing to share their own knowledge.` This site is my #1 source of info when I need the 411 on something.`
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy smokes....didn`t realize I`ve been here since 04. Obviously have done a lot more reading than posting, but I check in several times a day

Post Thanks / Like

I joined in Oct. 2003, I jump in every few weeks or so. I don`t post much, I am here to read and learn.`I just got a new car so will be here more often.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information