Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Q2 Pure Evo experience

I`ll post pictures later. Wanted to share my experiences with the Pure evo and Dr. Beasleys NSP primer. I got a new truck and wanted to get down a solid coating before driving it much. I followed Guz`s step

Here`s what I did:
    1. Wash
    2. Nanoskin Sponge
    3. Dr. Beasleys NSP 45 Primer
    4. 2 coats of Pure

After step 3 the paint was super clean. Plastic bag test was super smooth. The primer was real easy to apply but a little bit of work to take off.

As for the pure, it was easy to work with. I worried about flash time. I waited the 10 minutes and it came off pretty easy. As the day got warmer, it became more difficult to remove so I waited less time but was concerned that it wasn`t curing long enough. The instructions said to be concerned with "leveling" but I found it very forgiving and it wasn`t an issue. I had a 50 ml bottle and amazingly only used half of it for 2 coats. And I was putting it on thick as instructed. I was shocked.

The end result is nice. It`s not nearly as hydrophobic and slick as Gtechniq CSL/EXO but hopefully will protect the truck.

Can I use any ceramic topper or should I stick with can coat or something?
    Likes dgage, William_Wallace, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q2 Pure Evo experience

Nice isn`t it to not need to do a panel wipe. If you found the polish a bit difficult to wipe off it means it was not worked enough. Try it next time to work it a little more and it should be easier to wipe off.

That maximum flash time for Pure just allows you to be able to wipe it off if you get distracted. The up to 10 minute wipe off does not mean you have to let it sit for 10 mins. Check out the Pure video on Gyeon`s channel and I believe it here where it is mentioned 2-3 minutes is fine. It is easy to work with though and a little goes a long way.

Follow the monthly maintenance procedure in the included manual. No need to top it so soon. Let the coating set up as Gyeon recommends waiting up to 14 days before washing.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Yes not having to use a panel wipe is great! I hate using that stuff!

ok. I will try working it more. It wasn’t super difficult but not as easy as griots polishes.

Sounds like I was doing ok the. I kept worrying about it curing unclear but it never did that.

later would it be ok to top with griots 3 in 1 ceramic spray?

thank you for the advice. I want to see how long this lasts.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting you find it to not be as hydrophobic as the Gtechniq products. The Guz has some pictures around here that show it being really pretty good. If it is anywhere near my experience with CanCoat the beading and sheeting were pretty spectacular.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t be so keen to top it. Instead, if you feel the performance is dropping, do a decon wash with a lime scale remover shampoo.
    Good old ADHD.
    Likes Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Huh. Now I’m hoping I didn’t have an issue applying it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so after doing some research I think I did the coating fine. It seems that slickness is not a characteristic of pure evo. Next time around I`ll try Mohs.

Post Thanks / Like

A slick feeling isn`t always a sign of the coating quality or it`s hydrophobic abilities. CQuartz UK isn`t as slick as several sealants I`ve applied, but the water performance is much better. Water beads tightly and it will also sheet off very rapidly.

I`ll always trade better water behavior for a slick feel any day.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. But often I have found if a coating is slick, it`s hydrophobic. Gtechniq CSL/EXo is super slick and super hydrophobic. This coating doesn`t have crazy water beading, but this too, some feel creates water spots. In fact, that was a big problem with CSL/EVo for me. From some videos I saw, water beading wasn`t super crazy with pure evo.

I guess after a coating you want to "see" the results. And for me the "evidence" was slickness, water beading, shine. Not having the slickness and water beading kind of freaked me out but I understand this doesn`t mean the coating is junk, just different. I still having to think about this as I wonder if it will repel dirt, dust and junk.

I`m waiting for a big rain to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Q2 Pure Evo experience

You need to try more coatings lol. Slickness doesn’t really contribute to the water beading.

If you wanted slickness you should have gone with Mohs. I mentioned that in my write up and videos.

Leave CSL by itself which is slick and you won’t see the same water beading as Exo. The downside to Exo V4 is it’s lack luster durability and CSL is rather blah by itself.

Take Cquartz UK 3.0 and SiC, which are in complete sides of the slickness spectrum, and you won’t notice a difference in water beading.

It’s the chemistry in the coating that will dictate the contact angle.

Take a look at my latest video and you can see the water beading looks great from all the new Evo range of coatings.

Second Wash Update - No Application Issue with Gyeon Syncro Evo
    Second Wash Update - No Application Issue with Gyeon Syncro Evo - YouTube
    Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiidude View Post
    Agreed. But often I have found if a coating is slick, it`s hydrophobic. Gtechniq CSL/EXo is super slick and super hydrophobic. This coating doesn`t have crazy water beading, but this too, some feel creates water spots. In fact, that was a big problem with CSL/EVo for me. From some videos I saw, water beading wasn`t super crazy with pure evo.

I guess after a coating you want to "see" the results. And for me the "evidence" was slickness, water beading, shine. Not having the slickness and water beading kind of freaked me out but I understand this doesn`t mean the coating is junk, just different. I still having to think about this as I wonder if it will repel dirt, dust and junk.

I`m waiting for a big rain to see.

This from Esoteric’s review and it seem’s pretty hydrophobic. Most I read only recommends 1 coat of Pure. Second should be OK, how long between coats?

[mention]The Guz [/mention] any shots or video of pure on the actual car and not wheels?

Agreed with Guz, for slickness Gyeon recommneds Mohs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That`s pretty decent but not like gtechniq!

Here`s a shot of the finished truck. Definitely shiny!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes The Guz, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is some more info for you.

Gtechniq CSL >105 degree contact angle
    Gtechniq Exo >110 degree contact angle

Gyeon Pure Evo >110 degree contact angle
    Gyeon Mohs Evo >105 degree contact angle
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I totally agree that I need to try more coatings!!! Thats why I`m giving this a shot despite my love and success with gtechniq.

I guess I have to relax and just enjoy my work and the coating. I`m excited to see how long this coating will actually last.

Appreciate all the help and info here!
    Likes The Guz, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    [mention]The Guz [/mention] any shots or video of pure on the actual car and not wheels?
    Perhaps in the future.

That`s pretty decent but not like gtechniq!

Here`s a shot of the finished truck. Definitely shiny!!
    Looks good.

Haha, I totally agree that I need to try more coatings!!! Thats why I`m giving this a shot despite my love and success with gtechniq.

I guess I have to relax and just enjoy my work and the coating. I`m excited to see how long this coating will actually last.

Appreciate all the help and info here!
    Give it more time to cure. It takes a coating almost a month to fully cure. So hold off on any toppers or aggressive washes.

Post back feedback on any water spot issues. According to Gyeon Pure will do a better job of that.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information