Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old School Autopian Check In !!!

Quote Originally Posted by danlc95 View Post
    What`s up, Dave?!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyteWizard View Post
    Hey David,
    What’s up boys!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyteWizard View Post

Bob here. I retired in January but still like to keep my hand in... So, I`ve been using the Bosch GET65-5N Dual-Mode Random Orbit Sander - Short review: It spins the right direction in forced rotation - the same as the rotary. I know a lot of detailers have abandoned the rotary but for those of us who started out with Sioux polishers and still like to cut with some enthusiasm it`s nice to have a machine that lets us use all that muscle memory we`ve developed over the years. This machine runs smoother than other forced rotation machines because the orbit is enough to eliminate the swirl but not so much that it kicks back a lot of vibration. Also, it has plenty of RPMS to get work done.

If you reply back, do me a favor and share what compounds and polishes you like with foam pad.

All the best.
    That would be a great topic for a new separate thread!👍
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rydawg View Post
    Just checking in!

Ryan - what happened to your post count???? Shows you only have 10 posts? Maybe they didn’t merge both of your profiles when both Autopias merged? ��`♂️
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m still here! I`ve enjoyed getting tips from the experts here since 2003. Thanks to you all.

Post Thanks / Like

Checking in! Oh, yeah, I still browse through here occasionally. The collective wisdom of everyone here has been a great resource, for years!

Post Thanks / Like

Checking in. It`s been a long, long time since I have posted. Age 78 and still detailing just not as OCD as I used to be. I gave up on black trucks several years ago and have moved over to white. "Nuff" said. Glad that I recognize some of the "old timers". Still riding my Harleys only no more long tours.
    2 white Tacomas and 2 black Harleys. I got half-way smart.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

EFCP is actually what prompted me to check in here! I was looking to see if anyone still sold EF products online. I found some available at "The Detailing Shop" online. I still remember the smell of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ah *there* you are

Heh heh, I`m *still* using up that EF Clear Pearl (along with all those other QDs!).

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy. Got into detailing in high school (mid-2000s) and got started on Detail University forums before becoming a frequent Autopian. Went off to college and didn`t have a place nor the time to tend to my vehicle and got out of the swing of things. Post-college I was still in apartments and relocated about every year and the lack of stability still meant I just didn`t even bother. Fast-forward to this year, wife and I bought a house and grad school is wrapping up and I am finally excited to get back into the swing of things! Admittedly, I have lost the zeal with which I first dove in to detailing. I attribute that to a mix of factors. I got into it with my first car, which was gorgeous when detailed. Nothing quite like your first, you know? I like my car (Ford Edge), but it`s not the same. Plus, now I`m older with more responsibilities and just don`t have the bandwidth.

Now, it`s more about keeping decent protection on my car so washing/drying it is easy enough to keep up with so it looks decent most of the time. Flawless paint isn`t really a priority. Obviously I will try to keep things as marr-free as possible, but the light swirls currently in my paint don`t bother me the way they used to. Now, once I get around to doing a full paint correction I think things will change, but for now I`m just looking forward to getting a good coat of wax on while I restock on pads and quality towels and get up to speed on the latest products (ceramic coatings? wtf?).

Not gonna lie, my first thought logging back on here was wondering how many of the old regulars had moved on and if it was the same community I remember. Seeing a lot of you guys still here has made my day!
    Likes GearHead_1, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Still here

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys. From the old days working with the "two Davids". Spring has sprung here........
    2018 Ram Big Horn CTD
    2009 Lexus IS250
    1999 ChampioN 181 Bassboat
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd

Post Thanks / Like

Checking in!! I still pop in from time to time, but don`t spend as much time as I used to. This place can be addicting and you can spend hundreds of dollars real quick by reading. With that being said, I just bought the cordless FLEX XCE 8-125 a couple weeks ago and the Adams cordless Micro Polisher a couple days later. Then I ordered a couple hundred in new products, pads and towels...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonw440 View Post
    Hi Guys. From the old days working with the "two Davids". Spring has sprung here........
    Wow!

Post Thanks / Like

I first came in around January of 2015, was here for a time, then life took me away. But recent events renewed my detailing mind set and brought me back!

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you mention David...I`m pretty sure David B posted on a motorcycle forum I frequent, although his screen name was not DavidB. I replied and said hey, I think I know you, I used to beta test some Sonus products for you back in the day... never heard back! His post was something to the effect of Pinnacle Souveran essentially being relabeled P21S. *shrug*

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I recall him saying Souveran was P21s, just a different fragrance, way back when. People have also always said P21s and S100 are the same thing too
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just saying Hi. Sovereign was and still is a great Carnauba wax. But so is P21S and S100. I have never heard that Pinnacle Souveran was the same as P21S.
    Hi Bill!!!
    2018 Ram Big Horn CTD
    2009 Lexus IS250
    1999 ChampioN 181 Bassboat
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information