Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, this is the first episode in a series of videos I`m making called Thrifty vs Fifty. Essentially I`m comparing two products that can do the same function: one with a low price tag and the other with a high one... and to see if the added price is worth it. Hence, the thrifty vs fifty.

Today`s episode is Ultima Waterless Wash + Concentrate (Thrifty) vs Blackfire Interior Cleaner (Fifty) on coated leather seats. What is the conclusion and where does the advantage go? Stay tuned to find out.

UWW+:

Price: $21 for 16 ounces of concentrate

Price as tested: $0.85 for 22 ounces ($0.65 came from concentrate, and 21.5 ounces of deionized water cost ~ $0.20)

Price per ounce of diluted product: $0.04

Blackfire Interior Cleaner:

Price: $18 for 20 ounces

Price as tested: $5 (sample product of 4 ounces).

Price per ounce: $0.90 (note this is when calculating from 20 oz bottle, not sample)

Conclusion:

For a deep clean, I would recommend the interior cleaner. For a maintenance, I would use the UWW+.

Advantage:

Blackfire Interior Clean for taking off that white paint

Product Links:

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate

Blackfire Interior Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like
    UWW is a nice multi-purpose product.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Great demonstration of both products and their limitation. Thanks for posting it and looking forward to more! QD/WW`s are fine for regular maintenance of interiors, but isn`t something you`d want to reach for if you`re interested in doing a deep cleaning. (plain water would probably work just as good actually) It`s forte is cleaning light soiling from the exterior of your vehicle along with being a clay lube just like BF`s interior cleaner is mainly used for interiors. (you obviously know this)

Why the heck are your seats so dirty?

BF IC is not a bad product actually and is very similar to OPC.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea! It would be interesting to do the same test using another economical (cheap) product that is more meant for interiors (like a leather safe APC).

Looking forward to more videos.
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    UWW is a nice multi-purpose product.

One of my favorites right now for sure. So versatile and not badly priced either.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Great demonstration of both products and their limitation. Thanks for posting it and looking forward to more! QD/WW`s are fine for regular maintenance of interiors, but isn`t something you`d want to reach for if you`re interested in doing a deep cleaning. (plain water would probably work just as good actually) It`s forte is cleaning light soiling from the exterior of your vehicle along with being a clay lube just like BF`s interior cleaner is mainly used for interiors. (you obviously know this)

I agree, not the best interior cleaner, but passable.

Why the heck are your seats so dirty?

So I can do tests of course! haha not really. Been pretty lazy interior-wise lately *gasp*

BF IC is not a bad product actually and is very similar to OPC.

Hmm, I would`ve thought to compare BF APC to OPC. But as I haven`t done any comparisons myself for the BF IC and OPC, I can`t say truly

Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    Great idea! It would be interesting to do the same test using another economical (cheap) product that is more meant for interiors (like a leather safe APC).

Looking forward to more videos.

Thank you I think I want to get more diversity in my videos before I come back to interiors. Some people even suggested I try mild soap and water... but I don`t know if that would be worth making another video.

However, I do have a cool video coming up soon and it is a VERY thrifty vs an almost actually fifty dollar product coming up soon. Stay tuned, and thanks for watching

I would like to point out that I`m not just going around finding the cheapest and most expensive options out there and comparing them. In my eyes, that comparison would be useless. I am comparing two products that people on forums have highly recommended for a certain task and then if they have big enough different price points, making a video comparison.

Thanks everyone for watching and the posts

Thread Information