Post Thanks / Like
    car is a 07ish mustang gt for what ever that is worth. It might have 5 thousand miles on it. It belongs to my girlfriends parents and her dad was asking me if i knew of any way of getting it off. Never really had to deal with vinyl so i have no idea. I have read mixed things about baking soda, ammonia , bleach, ragg topp cleaner, etc. Don`t want to suggest anything unless it will do to job for sure.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    After washing - Allow the fabric to dry for as long as possible (preferably 24-hours) before using the protectant. An hour or two isn’t long enough, it may feel dry but that’s only the uppermost surface layer (using a protectant on a damp fabric will ‘seal in’ the moisture and encourage the formation of mildew)

Mould / Mildew - dirt and moisture are essential to mould / mildew propagation; if the contamination is not removed the fungus will degrade the material. Just like mould and mildew contamination in other areas, you cannot wash or shampoo it away; this only exacerbates the problem.

The fungus is caused by living organisms that must be killed before the material is cleaned, and all the moisture is eliminated by thoroughly drying the material or the mildew will return

a) Use Milton baby bottle sterilising tablets and a soft toothbrush. The fluid will kill any mould spores. Mix as directed and apply solution with a nail brush and gently scrub. Leave for 5 mins and rinse off.

b) Use a medium soft brush and a 4:1 solution distilled water / ammonia and then rinse with cool clean water

c) For tougher stains apply a solution of no more than 1/2 cup (4 oz.) bleach and 1/4 cup (2 oz.) Raggtoppâ„¢ Cleaner per gallon of water and then rinse thoroughly. May require repeated cleaning

Badly stained material - wet the area to be cleaned with distilled water plus (a) or (b) above, lightly spray and rinse thoroughly. For neglected convertible fabric tops leave above solution fabric cleaner on overnight, keep damp by covering with a plastic sheet, once stains are removed rinse thoroughly and apply protection.

Please note that excessive soaking with bleach solution can weaken seam threads. Rinse the entire top to remove all of the bleach solution from the vinyl, and rinse the car body to prevent streaking on painted, chrome or other surfaces.
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash loose dirt off and dry.

Then, use scrubbing bubbles - spray a section, then agitate with Mr. Clean Magic eraser, start at the bottom and work your way up rinsing as you go. Don`t let the residue dry one the car. If you can`t run rinse water, no problem. Spray an area, dip the eraser in water, scrub then mop up the residue with a damp microfiber. You may have to repeat a time or two till the top is consistently clean. Look around to see if you`re on TV. I know you`ll think you are, because this move works like you`re on TV.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a product called Mold Remediation Products | Mold Removal Products | Sporicidin Easy to use and I got great results last time I used it

Post Thanks / Like
    Try using RaggTopp. It is a good cleaner, and when done, the company claims that it will retard mildew in the future. I have used this product on Convertibles before, and love the product for cleaning and protecting; however, I personally have not used it on mildew.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Highrev1
    Try a product called Mold Remediation Products | Mold Removal Products | Sporicidin Easy to use and I got great results last time I used it

I too would use a mold remediation product. The one I have is MoldSTAT Plus.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used your mold removal products and found it to be very good to remove moldings. I`d like to buy it so tell me it`s cost.

Thread Information