Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought a brand new Prius Two yesterday and want to make sure it is well protected, inside and out. Here is what I am thinking of doing:

1. Wash - Live in an apartment, so need to take it to a car wash

2. Clay

3. Paint Sealant - Klasse High Gloss Sealant

4. Aerospace 303 protectant on interior vinyl

5. Aerospace 303 fabric guard on seats, cloth

Any other recommendations? Main goal is to protect the paint and interior. Not going for ultimate shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    asianstyles- Welcome to Autopia!

Congrats on the new Toyota!

While I`ve done OK with Klasse Sealant Glaze ("KSG"), it really only works great when heavily layered. When I used fewer than four layers I was very disappointed with the durability and protection, and I was really only happy with it when I used *six* layers. Yikes, that was a lot of work and it took a while as you need to let each layer "cure" for a day or so.

I`m now much happier using Finish Kare`s FK1000P. One coat will hold you until the next wash, and a second coat at that time will add enough protection to last a good long time. It looks good, sheds dirt well, and provides great protection. The big can of product might last you the rest of your life too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t relegate yourself to a standard car wash. Learn and implement rinseless washing. You will be glad you did.n

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    to Autopia.org asianstyles

If it were me I would use Opti-Coat on a new vehicle, Scotguard for the fabric and Iz Cockpit Premium for the an interior care and protectant o vinyl and plastics, that provides an original matte-satin factory finish. This is a treatment spray for all interior components including the dash, finished leather and vinyl seats, door handles, trim, navigation screens, stereo head units, and clear plastic. It has very limited cleaning ability but it provides ultra violet (UV) protection for interior materials.
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for welcoming me and providing me with some tips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!! Another alternative for the exterior protection would be Duragloss 105 Sealant. Mix it 4 to 1 with DG 601 bonding agent, apply a very thin coat (it is a liquid) allow to haze and buff off with a soft MF towel. After two hours add a coat of DG AquaWax spray wax and after every 2nd or 3rd wash add another coat of Aquawax. Very reasonably priced, easy to use and very good durability.

Wash with either Optimum NO Rinse of DG No Rinse that contains Aquawax--there are allot of video`s on Youtube on how to use a rinseless wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT

If it were me I would use Opti-Coat on a new vehicle, Scotguard for the fabric and Iz Cockpit Premium for the an interior care and protectant o vinyl and plastics, that provides an original matte-satin factory finish. This is a treatment spray for all interior components including the dash, finished leather and vinyl seats, door handles, trim, navigation screens, stereo head units, and clear plastic. It has very limited cleaning ability but it provides ultra violet (UV) protection for interior materials.

Sort of worried about messing up with OptiCoat. I`m not a total newb to detailing, but it sounds like OptiCoat can be hard to apply correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, do I need to do any other prep before the Klasse sealant? Planning to wash, clay, and then apply sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by asianstyles
    Also, do I need to do any other prep before the Klasse sealant? Planning to wash, clay, and then apply sealant.
    Just curious, where are you going to do all of this? I live in an apartment complex as well, and I am in a similar scenario. Trying to figure out where I can take the time to do all of this. I`m also trying to use autoscrub instead of claybar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker
    Just curious, where are you going to do all of this? I live in an apartment complex as well, and I am in a similar scenario. Trying to figure out where I can take the time to do all of this. I`m also trying to use autoscrub instead of claybar.

I usually park my car in the street and do the detailing.

I guess I could do it in the apartment garage, but am not supposed to according to my lease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless of what you decide to protect it with. I always top with Optimum wax. Even if I; glaze,seal,nuba. I like the gloss and it`s the only wax that has UV and UVB protection and has been tested. On a new car that`s critical if you want to preserve that factory new look.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve always preceded KSG with Klasse All In One. I dunno if it`s really *mandatory* or not, but I`ve always done it that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually park my car in the street and do the detailing.

I guess I could do it in the apartment garage, but am not supposed to according to my lease.

Another durable protection option is a spray and wipe nano-tech product called "I Spam Alot Co.". It offers UV protection, can be applied both inside and outside (any hard surfaces), and is very easy to apply. If your paint is already in perfect condition, then this will keep it that way. Just make sure you follow the proper maintenance instructions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT

This is excellent advice.

I love Opti-Coat 2.0, 1Z Cockpit Premium, and 303 Fabric Guard is good too.

I`d add in some Meguiar`s Endurance Gel for the tires, Opti-Coat 2.0 the wheels, and I love Stoner`s Invisible Glass for the windows.

A quick detailer is very nice for use as a drying agent after a wash. You`ll also want a good waffle weave drying towel. The blue Korean waffle weave towels at microfibertech.com are excellent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I second Optimum No Rinse. Read up on that and it`s a great solution if you don`t have easy access to a hose. It`s basically the only way I wash my car now and I have a house with a garage, big driveway and yard, and multiple hoses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information