Thread: Issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Long story short I`m trying to bring a 97 F-150 back to life. Its black paint has been neglected for the last several years so I`m in for a big one! Now I have limited resources and limited funds for this project. So I`ve washed the vehicle (obviously) and now I`m trying to use a polish to clear and shine up the paint. I`m using "Turtle Wax Color Magic Polish" and it is working very well (with some elbow grease) now I`m having a bit of an issue. While wiping the polish off I have some hazing. Is there anything I can do without having to go buy some new products?

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autopia.org/forum/3d-high...they-work.html

you need to use less pressure and a more gentle applicator

However you should use a machine to get the result you maybe are after. Just guessing, like the link I provided

I don`t know anything about the polish you are using, but I doubt that you can level that paint by hand. Have you done and alcohol wipe to see if you are really making progress or just covering?

Thomas

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok a little less pressure and a gentle applicator, gotcha. I will start investing in machines once I get the necessary funds, is there any particular buffer that you would use on a small budget?

What exactly is an alcohol wipe test? Perhaps there is a begginners thread up here that I`m not seeing, if so could you point me in the right direction? I don`t want to warm out my welcome with too many previously asked questions!:smile1:

Post Thanks / Like
    You really need to know how to polish with a real polisher such as the new Flex which is remarkable. You best call someone who can machine polish, Search: Expert auto polishing. There are plenty of folks who can help you here on the forum. Many threads on machine polishing. I am not talking DA....I am talking rotary polishing, real true blue surface rejuvenation. Paintxpert. Shine Since 1969. If you lived closer, I would say bring it over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Attempts by hand will be in vain. The surface will always be clouded by hand. You need rotary correction and the ability to polish. GOOD LUCK! Go to you tube. Punch in: machine polishing black. Hours of entertainment for you as you sap-up unending amounts of knowledge. Be Well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paintxpert
    Attempts by hand will be in vain. The surface will always be clouded by hand. You need rotary correction and the ability to polish. GOOD LUCK! Go to you tube. Punch in: machine polishing black. Hours of entertainment for you as you sap-up unending amounts of knowledge. Be Well!

Thank you! I do have some great news! I found someone who is will to invest (for a return obviously) so I can purchase the necessary equipment!

Thread Information