Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking to pre soak a car with something that will help break up tar and bug residue during the wash process. Anything come to mind? Anyone mixing products in their foam gun? Thanks.
    www.gemstonedetail.com

getting you from point A to point B...in style

Post Thanks / Like
    mbs431- Note that products that are effective on tar (and to a somewhat lesser extent on bugs) can also be effective LSP-removers. Just a reminder in case you`re not planning to re-LSP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    mbs431- Note that products that are effective on tar (and to a somewhat lesser extent on bugs) can also be effective LSP-removers. Just a reminder in case you`re not planning to re-LSP

always planning to re-LSP :xyxthumbs
    www.gemstonedetail.com

getting you from point A to point B...in style

Post Thanks / Like
    Stoners Tarminator is my go to product for light contamination, with 3M adhesive remover used for the big stuff. Not sure about combining it though, I just usually do decon after ONR wash...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHA Mark
    Stoners Tarminator is my go to product for light contamination, with 3M adhesive remover used for the big stuff. Not sure about combining it though, I just usually do decon after ONR wash...

I agree, Im much a fan of Stoners products. For light to moderate bugs & tar, Stoners should do the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Poor boys bug squash at 3:1 ration in a spray bottle as a pre soak for the front of my truck and side mirrors when they get bugged up. I let it dwell for about a minute or so (depends on how hot it is out) then rinse with a pressure washer and then foam gun the truck. Please note that the pressure washer is key after breaking down the bugs the strong stream knocks all bugs guts off.The same thing goes for the tar.I`ve always had an LSP on my vehicle so its pretty easy to remove tar and bugs fresh or old. Also you can use bug squash undiluted for more stubborn situations but the 3:1 ratio will not strip your protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used up a bottle of TarX. It worked well on bugs and tar that were fresh, but not well on anything that was a few days old [in my experience]. I originally deviated from Tarminator because there was a deal on TarX, not because I was unhappy with Tarminator. Both are not paint safe though.

If you do need something that won`t strip the paint, ONR at a stronger dilution used as a presoak will work well and it is LSP safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke
    I just used up a bottle of TarX. It worked well on bugs and tar that were fresh, but not well on anything that was a few days old [in my experience]. I originally deviated from Tarminator because there was a deal on TarX, not because I was unhappy with Tarminator. Both are not paint safe though.

If you do need something that won`t strip the paint, ONR at a stronger dilution used as a presoak will work well and it is LSP safe.

This all day and twice on Sundays as far as ONR goes. I keep a bottle mixed up nearer to QD strength for the front clip of my car and it`s awesome at that. I rinse with my PW, pre-spray, fill my first bucket, PW rinse off the ONR and carry on with my wash. ONR is really good at fresh-ish bugs. If they`re on there too long, I find that there`s sweat equity involved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, I meant LSP safe in my previous post.

And the Pressure Washer is a great tool!

Thread Information