Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a VW Eos in the shop right now, and have had some other cars that do the same thing. When you open the door, the window automatically lowers itself about an inch to clear the roof, and then rolls itself back up when you close the door. Usually these cars are convertibles. So when you clean the windows and then they roll themselves up down, that bottom inch of the window that goes down into the door gets wet and when it goes back up after you close the door you now have a dirty, wet inch tall strip at the bottom the window. And then it becomes a never ending cycle since whenever you open the door the window goes down an inch and gets messed up again. Anyone have any tips or tricks to help with this?
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same feature with the frameless doors on my 2010 Challenger. Personally, I try to keep the flaps (for lack of a better term) where the windows retract into as clean as possible. I try to avoid rolling my windows down when they are dirty and will occasionally gently clean the inner liner. I will sometimes also roll the windows down a couple of times after washing the car before a final wipe-down to help remove standing water. ....I guess it also helps that I use deionized water during my wash and final rinse (any residual water transferred onto the glass will mostly dry without spotting. ....and any spotting is usually very easy to wipe off).

In either case, I keep a small spray bottle of DI water/IPA along with some MF towels I use to clean glass in each of my vehicles. I am constantly cleaning the windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a regular customer with an EOS and I have battled the same issue. Only solution I have found is to wait for it to dry and then hit it one last time. When I do the maintenance washes on it I just have to live with it. The customer understands the issue. You can reach across from the passenger side to wipe the inside driver`s door if necessary, but you will still have the problem on the passenger side.

The other issue with that car is the constant dripping from the trunk lid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait until you are done with the interior before you clean the windows on the outside?

Thread Information