Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it happens to everyone if they keep their cars long enough. Owning a black `04 G35 since new, I am realizing that I don`t have much paint left to polish and so I am wondering what is a good filler wax? I don`t know how long I will own the vehicle so I don`t want to go to the expense of a repaint.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of Meguiars stuff fills pretty well, AutoMagic HydroShine, and Bilt Hamber Auto Balm are all well known for filling light to medium swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought Autobalm, and it covers like nothing else, but the durability was gone shorter than anything else. Too much $$$$ also

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    I bought Autobalm, and it covers like nothing else, but the durability was gone shorter than anything else. Too much $$$$ also

I don`t mind durability, because I am willing to reapply every week if necessary to keep it looking its best. OBTW I have read a lot of people like 1Grand blitz, autoglym and RMG. Don`t have any experience with any of those products at least not for the application that I need the product for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Autoglym Super Resin Polish (the new version is meant to be a lot better than the old one)is a good solid glaze but really needs a wax or sealant to protect it. I do not think the One Grand Blitz will fill very much but the One Grand Glaze will. I have had a very different experience from Thomas Dekany regarding Bilt Hambers Auto Balm, it lasted about 2 months on my car although others have reported more and some did not get very long

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t had much luck with 1G Glaze or Wax filling or SRP.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my very limited experience, Meg`s Ultimate Polish/Glaze seemed to fill well and has lasted quite a while. With a coat of wax on top, of course. It gave my car a very deep radiant shine. The only thing I didn`t like about it, is that you must work very quickly and NOT let it dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I haven`t had much luck with 1G Glaze or Wax filling or SRP.

So you haven`t had much luck, hmm, perhaps I shouldn`t go out as spend $$$ if someone is not having the desired affect. Still on the fence as to what to get.

I am wondering, doesn`t a glaze do some cutting. I know my Meguiar`s speed glaze #80 does and the 3M PII

I am hoping not to take down any more paint, just something to put on top of the paint that will fill. At this moment the paint is as perfect as I can get, but will not be able to polish any more. I am putting on Collinite once a week hoping this will keep the power tools on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing fills like Autobalm. Hard to put on, hard to get off, but it will make your car look nearly perfect.

If you want a perfect finish, You should level the paint or have a pro do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    He stated in the original post that he doesn`t want to remove anymore clear. But as far as taking it to a pro maybe you could pay them a small fee to measure paint thickness for you to see if you are in fact getting to that point.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I also have a 04 G35 that is getting thin. I have a PTG and in the low 90`s.
    Quote Originally Posted by brownbob06
    He stated in the original post that he doesn`t want to remove anymore clear. But as far as taking it to a pro maybe you could pay them a small fee to measure paint thickness for you to see if you are in fact getting to that point.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried the CG glossworkz glaze and it filled in all the swirls and 80-85% of the RIDS with 2 section passes. Glazed paired with a LC orange at speed 5 on a black mini cooper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen
    So you haven`t had much luck, hmm, perhaps I shouldn`t go out as spend $$$ if someone is not having the desired affect. Still on the fence as to what to get.

I am wondering, doesn`t a glaze do some cutting. I know my Meguiar`s speed glaze #80 does and the 3M PII

I am hoping not to take down any more paint, just something to put on top of the paint that will fill. At this moment the paint is as perfect as I can get, but will not be able to polish any more. I am putting on Collinite once a week hoping this will keep the power tools on the shelf.

Its not that they don`t fill, its that they really don`t fill any better than NXT, which is sort of my baseline for filling. Another approach is QD/QWs that fill. Just spray after every wash and you will get good results without damaging the paint further.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you could consider a good polish and follow with Opticoat 2.0 or one of the quartz coatings. This would be kind of like a second clear coat and one that you could polish off if it got swirled in the future without removing paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    If Auto Balm is an option you could top it with a wax. I have used Bilt Hambers Finis wax but no doubt other products would work just a well. Maybe something like OCW

Here is a quite a long thread about Auto Balm Auto-balm - THE thread! - Detailing World

An alternative could be as jfelbab suggested. A quick final polish to give improve the gloss and then finished with a long life sealant or coating ie Opti Coat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information